1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i cant downdate from 3.03 oe-a to 1.5!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by rehman200, Jan 14, 2007.

1. rehman200

rehman200 Regular member

i cant downdate from 3.03 oe-a to 1.5!!! i've followed these steps somebody gave me but it still does not work.

1. Plug you PSP into your computer and launch USB mode.

2. Go to x:\PSP\GAME\ ("x" is the drive of your PSP). There should be a folder titled RECOVERY. If its not there, you will need to do the next step. It it is there, go to step 4.

3. Go to http://psp-hacks.com and download the 1.5 eboot. put the EBOOT.PBP file in the x:\PSP\GAME\RECOVERY\ folder(make the recovery folder).

4. Make sure you have at least 75% battery left. If not, charge it.

5. Restart you PSP and HOLD the R button when it starts up. You should now be in recovery mode.

6. Go to "run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP". As long as the file is there and you have a full battery, the installation should start.

7. Wait til its finished then restart your PSP if it tells you to(it may restart itself, IDK). Check the firmware version. It should be 1.5

2. enral

enral Regular member

Are the correct files in the recovery file?

decryptprx.prx
    EBOOT.PBP (63kb)
    extprxs.pbp
    libpsardumper.prx

3. Bytrix

Bytrix Member

Do not put the 1.5 eboot.pbp in the recovery folder. There is already an eboot.pbp in there (the flasher program). You should first rename the EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP and THEN put it in the recovery folder. Then run the recovery eboot.

4. BigUP2

BigUP2 Member

there is supposed to be an auto installer program that you can run on the pc and then just copy the correct folder over to the psp. Anyone know which file this is called or where to find it?

5. Vampiro93

Vampiro93 Regular member

hey what the f**k ... i did i manual install u know like using the oeupdatemaker to make the dxar dump then putting it in oe303flasher or watever and i flashed it but i dont have a recovery folder then i made it renamed eboot.pbp to update.pbp as it told me and i cant launch it and then restart ... its wierd pls help me out ... THX

6. Bytrix

Bytrix Member

Do not touch any of the files in the recovery folder. Simply copy it from the 3.02 OE-A archive to your GAME folder on the memory stick.

Then download the 1.5 update EBOOT.PBP, rename it to UPDATE.PBP and put that into the recovery folder.

7. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

8. BigUP2

BigUP2 Member

Cool, I will try it out. Thank you.