1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cant fit Mpeg on one VCD using NERO Please Help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by iamthewbr, Nov 17, 2002.

1. iamthewbr

iamthewbr Guest

I am using tmpgenc to encode my avi to mpeg and then i drag and drop the mpeg into nero layout but everytime the mpeg is too large. ive tried following the newbies instructions on fitting one movie on a vcd or XVCD (at vcdhelp.com) but it still comes out to be more than 700MB and nero tells me the content is too large to burn...if someone/anyone would be willing to help me please either post or if possible email me on where i can find better help or just give me some help, it would be much obliged as ive been trying to do this for about 2 weeks now.

email *removed-by-webmaster*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2002
  2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

OK, webmaster, get rid of that email address!

That said, you are forgiven, the answer to your question is :

Download TMPGEnc from this website. Then go to MPEG tools and select Merge and Cut. Add your file and use the brackets to cut in a desirable position after about 72 minutes. Then do the same from the point you stopped and run it to the end. You can't make your VCD smaller, it will always be the same, but cutting this way lets you fit it on two CDs.

Paul.

3. int3gr4

int3gr4 Member

Hmm, if the file size is slighty over 700mbs you can just overburn the cd which would save you from having to split it in two. If you want to re-rip the movie you can use fitcd to get the proper bitrates to make the movie fit on one cd.