1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't flash!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by jimbo5506, Dec 20, 2004.

1. jimbo5506

jimbo5506 Member

Okay I got the chip installed correctly, everything works and the cromwell flashbios screen comes up. I downloaded the newest x2 4983.67 bios. I copied the 1mb bios that came w/the download and a 400mb dummy file to another folder. Then I used nero to burn onto a memorex cd-rw in iso format as described here:
    http://www.xbox-modchips.com/tutorials/x2_2_flashbios_v1_0.htm
    I've tried this on the cd-rw, on a memorex dvd-r and cd-r too. To no avail I get the "No bios update found, halting" message EVERY TIME. I need help please thankyou.
    By the way the chip is the xecuter 2.6 lite plus solderless and I have it set to flashprotect off and bank 2.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  2. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

If you have a home PC and a network cable, that is the easiest way to flash your xbox. The dvd drive sucks. Did your chip come with a usb connector?

3. jimbo5506

jimbo5506 Member

No, no usb connector.

4. cochojohn

cochojohn Member

hey,
    sounds like you are talking about a spiderchip. I am having the same problem. Totally unable to flash it. With no usb connection this makes the options pretty limited. please let me know if you have any success.

5. jimbo5506

jimbo5506 Member

I have success! For anybody with problems with flashing this chip I recommend using this tutorial:
    http://www.teamxecuter.com/flashbios/
    Click on either "How To Create a FlashBIOS Compliant DVD" or "How To Create a FlashBIOS Compliant CD" at the top of the page to flash the x 2.6 chip. It is the ONLY one that works to flash my chip. At the top of the page from the link there are links to other information and tutorials for different things meant just for the flashbios on this chip or the x3 chips. If you burn EXACTLY the way it shows you (setting nero exactly like it shows in the pictures) it WILL work. I burned using a Memorex dvd-r and I recommend you use dvd-r if you can. Otherwise a cd-r or rw should work with these instructions. The tutorial is made just for the flashbios on the x2 chips so it worked perfect. Thanks for the attempted help but I figured it out by myself (was about to take it to a installer in my area until I got it, saved myself $10 yay!)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  6. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i've never used a dvd-r or cd-r to flash my chip, i used evox and it worked fine and it was easy. i don't know why everyone doesn't do it this way. i've successfully flashed my xecuter 2.0L three times with evox.