1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't ftp to xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by truant, Feb 13, 2005.

1. best1973

best1973 Member

I already have. :) I have come into another situation though. Is it possible to use it without an internet connection?

I recently closed my INet acct and nothing seems to work wothout it. Any suggestions?

Thanks Best :)

2. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

I had a huge amount of trouble ftping my xbox with Flash, a friend of mine suggested using a free client called SmartFTP and worked like a charm.

Just remember user = xbox and pass = xbox and you should be all good.

3. leonic

leonic Member

Hi i have a question. I need help on ftping my xbox and i was wondering if i could use a wireless signal to ftp my xbox. I have the nyko wireless units and one is hooked up to my xbox and the other is hooked up on the router. I was wondering if i could ftp it wirelessly because my pc is in one room and my xbox is in another. I am using evox dash and i got a v1.6 xbox. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

4. PIPEONDEK

PIPEONDEK Guest

IT COULD ALSO BE THAT THAT FLASHXP SUCKS........... WHEN I FIRST TRIED TO USE IT FOR FTP I COULDN'T GET IT TO WORK, I USED THE SAME SETTINGS WITH WS_FTP PRO AND IT WAS LIKE CATHING A HOOKER IN VEGAS..........VERY EASY

5. xboxd00d

xboxd00d Member

Right people, this is easy, dont use crap like flashxp or any other clients, extra hassle u dont need.

1. disable any firewalls (or set them to ALLOW when trying to connect to your xbox).

2. Disable the LAN connection and connect the crossover cable to pc and xbox.

3. Right click the LAN connection (under START/CONTROL PANEL/NETWORK CONNECTIONS), click "properties", under the "general" tab, go down the list, click on "Internet protocol (TCP/IP)" then click properties again. Use the following settings;-
    IP Address: 192.168.1.100
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Click OK.

4. On your desktop, you need to see an icon labelled "My Network Places" (If its not there, right click on your desktop, click "properties", click "desktop" tab, then click "customize Desktop...", tick the box at the top for "My network places" and click OK, and again OK to exit display properties).
    Right click on "My Network Places" and select "map network drive", then click the writing which says "sign up for online storage or connect to a network server", a wizard thing pops up, click NEXT, the next screen brings up a list of service providers, highlight the 1 which says "Choose another network location........." then click NEXT, in the space type this
    ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.1.200:21
    click NEXT, the next page is the name, your choice, I just put XBOX on mine, click NEXT, then untick the box (open this..... when finished", click FINISH

NOTE: ALL THE SETTINGS ABOVE ARE ASSUMING THEY ARE LEFT AS DEFAULT ON EVO X, IF YOU CHANGED THEM PUT THE PASSWORD BACK TO "XBOX" AND THE IP BACK TO 192.168.1.200 OR THESE SETTINGS WONT WORK!!!

5. On xbox, goto settings and make sure it says "use static IP" YES.

6. Reboot your xbox, on evo x dash it should display the IP as 192.168.1.200 (if it does not take note of step 5. and make sure the IP is set to this).

7. Re-Enable the LAN on your pc, a bubble pops up "LAN Connection 100.0 Mbps ..."

8. Finally, double click the "My Network Places" icon on your desktop and open the folder named XBOX (or whatever you specified in step 4.) and it should show you you xbox hard drive (C,E,F,X,Y,Z and D is the DVD-Rom).

If this works feel free to PM and let me know, if it didnt work, PM me with what trouble your having and I will try to help.

6. leonic

leonic Member

Thanx guys i did what was told and everything is good now. And i dont use flashfxp any more and that helped to so thanx again you guys rock.

7. puffdank

puffdank Member

Hey i have not been able to ftp using all methods describe in this thread. The most recent one being the Network connection one.

My situation is that i have my pc connected threw a wireless connection.....so i am not using the ethernet card in the pc...so i take the ethernet cable and plug one end in the xbox...the other in the pc....change the IP settings for the computer threw the TCP/IP configuration....after i apply that my internet connection drops....and it will not ftp the xbox....does anyone have any suggestions on what may be the problem?

any help is very appriciated...

8. vair_17

vair_17 Member

hay i`m new to this and i am having problems with ws_ftp pro and am running a windows xp home. i am 14 and don`t know what the hell I`m doing so if any one can help me in words a 14 year old would understand that would be awsome.

p.s. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS STUFF FOR 10 HOURS

9. robbyj

robbyj Member

can any one tell me how to conected my x box to my pc !!!!
    ive been searching and all the sites say you need to get the ip adress from my x box dashboard ? but i dont have the dash board i just got the xecuter chip to play copyied games can i still connect my box to my pc ?

10. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

where to i doiwnload the Evox boot disk

11. nebraska1

nebraska1 Member

Hey I would like some help from anyone. Here are my PC settings:
    IP adress: 192.168.1.254
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.254

Now what would I put into my Xbox to be able to connect to it? I would really not like to change any of my PC adresses because I did what Spyder told me to and it worked just it wouldn't let me connect to the internet. Please help this noob in distress.

12. dankad

dankad Member

i try to connect using the LAN thing but it says a connection cable is unplugged, or sumtin along thos lines please help me?

13. dankad

dankad Member

I did exactly as xboxd00d said to?

14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@dankad[/bold]
    If you mean you tried a connection via a crossover cable. There are two important things you need to do to get that to work. A Static IP set up for your Xbox and a Static IP set up for the connection that houses the crossover cable from your xbox on your PC.

There is a tutorial in my sig. that may help you set it up. How to FTP...Made Easy!! POST

15. dankad

dankad Member

i use dial up can i still do the same as the thing says or do i need to do other things?

i know hardly anything about computers so i dont really understand that FTP made easy thing? please help me?

16. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@dankad
    I'll do what I can...

First off: In this situation FTP to XBOX, no internet connection is needed. You do not need an internet connection to FTP between local devices.

What DASHBOARD do you have??

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2005
  17. dankad

dankad Member

18. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You're connecting your xbox and PC directly right...are you using a crossover cable?

19. dankad

dankad Member

i think so

20. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I need to know for sure because if we go through everything and it doesn't work...and we troubleshoot and it doesn't work...then you throw your xbox across the room and later we found out you never even had a crossover cable...time would have been wasted and I'm sure you'd be a little P/O'd as well.