1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't get my homemade DVD's to play on my PS2. Please help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by balzaK, Dec 2, 2004.

1. balzaK

balzaK Member

We recorded footaged on my friends Sony Handycam camcorder. Then, I captured the video using VirtualDub and saved it to on large AVI file. Then, I broke up the video into smaller AVI chunks, and compiled them to a DVD movie using NeroVision Express 3.

The first one I burned was to a DVD-R. It played in a regular DVD Player but the PS2 just said "Disc Read Error".

The second time I burned it to a DVD+R. Same thing happened.

What am I doing wrong?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What brand of media are you using?
    Will the disk's play in any other stand alone player?

V/R,
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. balzaK

balzaK Member

The DVD-R's were generic, and the DVD+R's were TDK

And yes.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You will more than likely need higher quality media for the media to play in your PS2. Also older PS2's will only recognize -R disks so keep that in mind. The PS2 in kind of finiky on what type of disk's it like's I recommend checking out the PS2 forum for more answers on PS2 disks. I am not sure what the best ones are for them, but I would think you cant go wrong with Taiyo Yuden or Ritek.

V/R,
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. balzaK

balzaK Member

My friend brought over a DVD+R that someone he knows burned and it played fine.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Try using Phillips 8X DVD-R
    they are a bit more but i use them and have had better than great results with them. Also you may want to update your Nero, that may help.
    Is there a way to convert your multiple AVI files to an ISO file? if so that may help the PS2 recognize the disc too. I have only done ISO files on movies and games but all mine seem to work fine using Nero 6 on video's and DVD Decrypter for games.