1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Can't get online. PLEASE Help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by daydream, Jan 7, 2005.

1. daydream

daydream Guest

A few of the online games I have need to be patched. But when i try to use Disc id insertor it says that the comdlg32.ocx file is missing.

I have downloaded the comdlg32.ocx file and still can't get Disc Id Insertor v2.1 to work.

What do I do I'm stuck!!!

2. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

there is no way you can play a ps2 back up online or xbox

3. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

if you patched the game and you knew what you were doing then there is no way around the DNAS i wish you can play ps2 back ups online

4. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

try a different game and c if it works or not. use a game that is not download from a web site

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

After you download comdlg32.ocx you will probably need to register it with the Windows registry. At a command prompt type "regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx" while in the directory you downloaded it to.

6. daydream

daydream Guest

I am not downloading the games I have the original copies and I know you cant get online with backups, Im just saying that I cannot play my online games that i have.

To my understanding you have to patch the games in order for ea games and others to work properly. I am ready to patch the games but Disc ID Inserter v2.1 that i have downloaded say an error therefore i can't write the disc id to it.

How can I get Disc ID Insertor to work or were can a get a WORKING copy, because i have downloaded a few with the same problem.

7. daydream

daydream Guest

I think you lost me. How do you register the file with the registry and at what command to i type that.

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Bring up a Windows command prompt by clicking Start then Run and type cmd in that box and press Enter. Navigate to the directory you downloaded the comdlg32.ocx file into and type the command "regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx" without the quotes. If it worked, you'll get a Windows dialogue stating such.

9. daydream

daydream Guest

I typed in regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx and I got an error saying is not an executable file and no registation helper is registered for this file type.

How do i navigate through the directory in Dos because the the file is on my desktop.

10. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

It depends on which version of Windows you have. You may also wish to move that file to a permanent location since once you register it you will not be able to move it without re-registering it.

11. daydream

daydream Guest

Sorry to keep asking but I still don't get it.

I moved the file directly to the C drive (C:) - Win XP

1. In dos the first line says: c:\Documents and Settings\kay

2. What do i type in next to get it to register it straight from my C: drive

12. daydream

daydream Guest

I know that most online games need to be patched but how can I get Disc ID Insertor to work? Thats all I need to write the discs.

13. cat5

cat5 Guest

Im a noob. This is new today for me, so even with patched ID game, you still can't play online??? Cannot get online with patched ID games period???

14. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

ok.. im thinking these files need to be in C:\Windows\system32 . So comdlg32.ocx will be placed in that folder system32.

To get there go make sure you have comdlg32.ocx on the desktop so you can move it easily. Go to Start> run> browse> C:> Windows> system32> and drag the file from the desktop to system32 folder.

It should work now.. if it doesn't then follow this:

have the comdlg32.ocx file at the root of c:\
    start> run> type cmd> then at the command prompt type [bold]cd c:\[/bold]
    -- IT HAS TO BE c:\ FOR IT TO WORK --
    then type [bold]regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx[/bold] and it should work.. if not PM me.. since i kinda like this site and visiting it more often.

Good Luck!
    Chris

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  15. daydream

daydream Guest

Still doesn't work.

I did exactly what you said in dos and when i type in regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx i get an error message which said is not an executable file and no registation helper is registered for this file type.

I also tried installing the runtime files 6.0 with no luck.

I know some one must have an answer because patching backups are critical even if you don't go online.

What to do next?

16. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

did u try putting the file in the system32 folder?

Good Luck!
    Chris

17. daydream

daydream Guest

Yeah tried that already also.

18. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

where can i find DiscID Inserter so i can try it out?

19. daydream

daydream Guest

20. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

from what i found on my friend's computer he already has comdlg32.ocx in his windows/system32 computer. put comdlg32.ocx in C:\Windows\System32 and once done go to the command prompt and type in [bold]regsvr32 \windows\system32\COMDLG32.OCX[/bold]

Good Luck!
    Chris