1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't get the drive letter....

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sadie8686, Mar 28, 2007.

1. sadie8686

sadie8686 Member

Hello,
    I got a SATA card that was recommended from this forum & hooked my 360 up to my PC. I am using SLAX to try to get the drive letter & nothing happens. Is it because I don't have a reset button on my Dell? Or does the power button do the same thing a reset button is suppose to do? I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

let slax boot all the way to the login prompt and login (user is root pass is toor) and then type reboot, let the computer reboot, take the slax cd out and let windows boot. and you have a drive letter

3. sadie8686

sadie8686 Member

I may have got the wrong SATA card. I'm getting a new one soon with the VIA 6421 chipset. But do you think it is a good idea to get the Xecuter Blaster? It says you can update your firmware without opening your 360 anymore. Is it really worth it? How many more times will I have to open my 360 and update its firmware?

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

If you have a Hitachi and it's not an 0078 or 0079, then get a SIL3112 PCI SATA card. The 6241a works as well but some people have had problems with SLAX using it.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

the blaster 360 will be a nice product, once installed you will not have to open the case to flash the drive each time. But it is also very expensive. Xeno makes one now that is quite a bit cheaper
    http://www.extreme-mods.com/xeno-top-gear-p.html