1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't load my back-up iso's

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by WEBEX, Oct 18, 2007.

1. WEBEX

WEBEX Member

I have recently backed up my GTA:LCS & Pilot Academy from UMD and they don't run. ( Pilot Academy runs but freezes and turns off when loading ) I LEGALLY purchased the UMD's and i want 2 play them on the ms because Pilot Academy takes 4 eva 2 load( 1-2 mins) and it would load faster.

I have CFW 3.40 OE-A

2. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Whats the error that comes up?
    Try going into Recovery mode Advanced menu and change the Kernel over. Make sure UMD REQUIRED is selected and make sure you have a UMD in the PSP when trying to run.

3. WEBEX

WEBEX Member

Don't worry about it. I have found another way that involves fiddling around with the flash1 memory and now my back-ups work fine.

One drawback though: I can't set wallpapers since i fiddled around with flash1

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you should upgrade to 3.52 m33-4 or 3.71 m33-2. both have a better boot rate than 3.40 oe-a. and both have the sony np9660 iso loader, which is guaranteed to boot all iso/cso.

go HERE for instructions.

5. WEBEX

WEBEX Member

ive heard that the M33 CFW's are not as stable as the OE's. Ive only ever used 3.40 OE-A for my CFW because it is very reliable and never screws up. I find that upgrading to another CFW being pointless unles i really need or if it has something i really like

6. WEBEX

WEBEX Member

3.71 M33 doesn't even come with the 1.50 kernel (you have to install it seperately). You also need a patcher to install the M33 firmware and the instillation isn't as straight forward as dark_alex's CFW's