1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i can't play copied games with my ps2 harddrive now?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by knight0, Sep 29, 2004.

1. knight0

knight0 Member

i have a modified playstation2, and recently bought the FINAL FANTASY ONLINE package. playing original games are fine, but when i pop in a backup (or copied) cd, it won't load. what should i do?

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

did you put in the official sony hard drive? because i read somewhere that it will automatically disable your chip. try taking out the hard drive and see if it works.

3. knight0

knight0 Member

My playstation2 works fine when i take out the harddrive, but is there any way to keep the harddrive in and continuing to play backup (or copied) games?

4. jp_rykov

jp_rykov Guest

if youre using a original PS2 HDD. if you want to try this just let me know if it works fine. i havent tried it and im going to do it tomorrow because im having the same problem but i got a cracked HD loader and installed my games inside the HDD.

Properly connect the hard drive to your PC. Boot your PC and right-click My Computer and select Manage. Under Storate->Disc Management the hard disc should appear with some kind of partition. From there you should be able to delete the non-DOS partition and recreate a new FAT32/NTFS partition of your choosing.