1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i cant play my game online

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by JUVY, Nov 20, 2004.

1. JUVY

JUVY Member

hi i burnt a copy of nba2005 and i cant play online keeps saying error is it because its a burnt game..?or is it cuz i did sumthing wrong..?& also what is a good speed to burn games or what is the maxium speed that a person can use to burn a game..?any suggestion...i burn my games at 8x is that to much or is it perferred at 2.4x..?

2. BreakZ

BreakZ Member

i belive it;s 4x

3. mcnoodle

mcnoodle Regular member

no your game is fine u just go online cause its a backup

4. jdb34

jdb34 Member

You need to get the DNAS code off of the original game and patch it to the back up game. Visit PS2ownz to get more information.

5. mcnoodle

mcnoodle Regular member

where can i get the code off the original
    plz help
    BTW man i have PM'ed u with me email so add me to msn or email it to me
    thx !!

6. Hellz47

Hellz47 Guest

What it is, is that the DNAS data on actual PS2 games is somehow not read and copied by a dvd-rw drive. It has to be read through the PS2 with a certain utility, then patched onto the image file of that game. For example, if you had SOCOM II, this original copy would work fine, as it has the DNAS data on the disc. If you were to back it up and create an .iso image of it, the DNAS data would not be copied for some reason. To get the DNAS data and put it onto your .iso image, you would have to use a disc ID utility disc (the image can be found on the web, just google it)and load it up on your PS2, provided you can play copied games on your PS2 through a mod-chip or swap magic. I haven't tried it yet, but it should ask you to put in the original game disc, in this case the original SOCOM II disc. It will read it, it will tell you what it is and i think you note it down and use another utility (disc ID patcher) to select the SOCOM II image file and enter in the disc ID you wrote down. You then click on patch, and it patches the image file for you. You then burn the image file as you would do, and i think it should work after that.
    You can find both utilities at geocities.com/jayteemaster2003. If you cant get them, PM me with your email and ill send them to you.
    Like i said i dont know if this actually works, but try it. Also, you're pretty screwed if you've downloaded the game, as you wont be able to find an original disc ID!:D
    I also know that the disc ID patcher is called WinDIP V1.7 (disc ID image patcher), but i only have the image of the disc ID finder disc and not its original location. Like I said just google for it.
    Good luck, tell me how it works.

7. jdb34

jdb34 Member

Hellz your correct, but use idpatcher instead of ID insertor. Yes it does work, I have two games I have done this with.

8. Bassy_500

Bassy_500 Member

i heard u cant make backups of Socom II that u can play on the net no matter what u do its doesnt get passed the dnas detection ive heard it from a few pplz

9. DVDTYPER

DVDTYPER Member

games like killzone, call of duty cant go online even if u patch if its a backup anyway call of duty is garbage online anyway

10. Bassy_500

Bassy_500 Member

ohhh so u cant play killzone online unless its a orginal copy cuz i was gonna get my mates and make a backup for me but im not now

11. xxONExx

xxONExx Guest

i've backup and patched killzone and i have np online. my friend did the same with his call of duty and it works great.

pretty much hellz47 got the basics down to play online.

12. boneyard

boneyard Regular member

hellz can you please email me on how to patch , for online play thanks boneyard

13. BreakZ

BreakZ Member

I herd the same. A ps2 guy told me all the new online games can't be played online if they are backups. Is this true? if so, i'm gona buy an x-box instead of a ps2

14. Bassy_500

Bassy_500 Member

if u gonna be plyain online not such a good idea to buy an xbox over a ps2 no.1 u gotta pay to play online for xbox live cant remember what the cost is and 2 the xbox live games are no easya to play backups online either infact i dont think u can actually play backups online for xbox plus ps2 gets a few more really good games xbox doesnt get and the only good game xbox has over ps2 is halo 1 and 2 wow 2 games

15. asimbvs

asimbvs Member

Ive got a PAL silver ps2 modded with messiah 3, can i patch games with the id of my network startup disc(it ntsc) or the disc tht came with my ps2 ihave two of them both of the discs tht came with ps2 has the last two bits same (xx.xx.xx.20.44) i thought the region bit for pal was 40? i tried to patch ghost recon:jundle storm(pal) with the id of network startup disc (ntsc) but didnt work , gave me a dnas 403 error, the same error whn it wasnt patched, i tries chnging the bit code from 30 to 40(xx.xx.xx.40.xx) still didnt work, thn i used th id of my ps2 disc didnt work, does any 1 know y didnt this work, or its jsut jtht we cant use the id of network startup disc.The image was of ghost recon:jungle storm cd not a dvd.

16. asimbvs

asimbvs Member

and another thing i used alcohol 120% for making images n buring it to cd,n image patcher for patching n the disc id utility, alcohol 120% only makes .ccd or some .mdf,.mds files y doesnt it make an iso file?
    i dont know y im always getting the same dnas -403 error, wats the diff in -403 n -402?

17. asimbvs

asimbvs Member

Hey guys gr8 new, i just tried patching my sims bustin out cd backup with an id i got from the net n it worked withou a prob :)

18. teggy

teggy Regular member

Actually, Socom 2 cannot be played online even with patching the DNAS. Disc Id insertor is the better method, it patches the individual DNASxxx image files from inside the .iso file. Image patcher just patches the image.

And the killzone point, if your PS2 is v7+ you may need a patch. That is going by NTSC PS2 /Game though, PAL I assume will be the same. So if you are v1-6 then you won't need to do anything other than patch the DNAS. Call of duty I don't know, as I have it on the PC.

And as the guy said earlier, he got it working with killzone and CoD. Then confirmed it works, my point about 1-6 not needing any other patches. Even if he is a v7+ the 1-6 point still stands.

TBH if you get the backup working, then there is a way to get it online. Even if it doesn't work now.. soon there will be a way. Especially for Socom 2. It's platinum now but with the Headset it's still £50, what's the deal with that.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  19. Bassy_500

Bassy_500 Member

what do u mean if ur playstation 2 is v7+ i dont get ya at all and how do i see what version my ps2 is its a fairly older model i got it 3 years ago but my chip is brand new bout 3 months old. also another 4 topics to throw up in the air. is anyone here wanting timesplitters 3 for online atm? 2) is there any info around on socom 3? 3) if i purchased just a usb keyboard and mouse would i be able to play socom 2 with the keyboard and mouse no probs or would i need something more like the smart joy converter. 4)and finally no one seems to know is there such thing as a game on ps2 that is 2 player off the the 1 console for online play. eg. my bro and i playin off our 1 ps2 online together?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  20. teggy

teggy Regular member

On the browser screen of ur ps2 hit triangle and u will see the version scph xxxxx. Google the query as I dnt remember the site.

1 TS3, firstly I don't know when that will be out.

2 Socom 3 is out in january 05 in the UK(so it says on GAME's site)

3 I don't use a keyboard or mouse and never have on my PS2. But the keyboard can be used for typing so i'm sure there is a way to get it to work for gameplay.

4 Why would you want to play online with ur bro on the same console... Why not just do co-op. I don't think it is possible anyways, as you have to log into ur account.