1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't play tmpgenc encoded mpg files

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Bloodlord, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Bloodlord

Bloodlord Member

I have some video files encoded using tmpgenc and I can play them. Does anyone know where I can download any decoder of those files. I wanna convert them to divx or xvid format but when I open those files using Virtual Dub it shows me that it can't find frames.

Please help!!!!

Thanks!!!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Are these Files Mpeg2 files?? because if they are then you will Need to use a Special version of Virtual dub Called "Virtual-Dub-Mpeg2" which can be found here:
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/stable/VirtualDub-MPEG2.zip

Tmpgenc can also encode your Files to DivX or XviD or any Format you have Codecs for and you can use the Tmpgenc Filters with it, You just set up your File like you were encodeing it to Mpeg But instead of encodeing to Mpeg go to "File" to "output to" to "AVI" and then choose your Codec setting and audio settings and save the File and in a Little while you will have a AVI file...Cheers

3. Bloodlord

Bloodlord Member

Thanks Minion for help :). Now I can open and convert. Thanks, thanks, thanks :)