1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i cant read my dvd tht my coach gave me.!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bryanths, Mar 7, 2007.

1. bryanths

bryanths Member

i need help guys i wanted to know if there is any program out there that can read my dvd that my coach gave me isnt working on my pc or ne other pc's but it works on a dvd player my coach didnt burn it he recorded from the tv through the camcorder through his dvd player. thanx a lot..

2. funnytim

funnytim Member

try upgrading your dvd drive firmware..

go to your dvd manufacture's website 2 do so.

3. bryanths

bryanths Member

i ment he recorded the game and he played it on the tv and then he started to redcord it through his dvd player i think

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Do you mean that he transfered it from a camcorder/digital camera to a tv recorder?

What's the brand name/format/and speed rate of those discs that your coach gave you? Example: Maxell -R 8x/Maxell +4x RW.

Is it a full size disc-120 mms or is it one of those camcorder mini discs-about 80 mms?

3 possibilities-if it was burned from a tv dvd recorder,also known as a stand alone recorder:

1)Some tv recorders have different modes. V mode and VR mode. I believe V mode is what most players and dvd drives handle. VR mode is what tv dvd recorders can play-but they can both V and VR modes. If I'm wrong about that,then it's the opposite,but anywho- that mode may be screwing you up.

2) Format of media.You have the Plus,Dash,and DvdRam.
    R is the permanent write once media. RW is the erasable media,so you can use it over and over again.Huge compatability difference between R and RW.

A lot of different formats out there: There's dvd+r/Dvd+rw/Dvd-r/Dvd-rw/Dvd-Rom/Dvd-Ram/etc. Some players may not like that certain format. I know that RW backups are trickier on them.

3) Finalized/Make compatable. TV recorders are similar to vcr's. You can burn a show,pull out disc,insert it again a week later and add another show to it. Once you are through with your disc,then you can edit out some crap.After getting everything hidden,then it needs to be Finalized or Made Compatable so other drives can play them. My recorder,is plus format only. +R media has to be finalized while the +RW media has to be made compatable.

4) Media Quality: Some crappy media out there can give stand alone players fits-by not recognizing them.

Now if it's one of those mini discs, I can't help you much on them.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007