1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't read my Music CD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by sdswaney, Feb 11, 2005.

1. sdswaney

sdswaney Regular member

I don't know if I am in the correct forum, I hope so because there is a some very smart and friendly people on here.
    My Sony DRU-530A drive will not read my homemade music cd's. Everything is hookup correct. I can read & write DVd, CD Rom (programs, etc. I can even play a commercial music cd (Kingston Trio Greatest Hits) but my Harmon Kardon recorded cd's will not play, the light stays on & I can hear a couple little sounds like it's trying to read but can't. BUT THE KICKER IS: A couple of weeks ago I put a homemade music cd in and MusicMatch window came on my screen and started playing my songs. Even the same cd that it read acouple weeks ago won't even play now. ANY IDEAS?? Thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try cd player in accessories/entertainment to see if can play & hear music

3. sdswaney

sdswaney Regular member

I took a few days off.
    ddp
    I don't know what you mean by "try cd player in accessories/entertainment to see if can play & hear music"
    Please explain.
    Thank you
    Steve

4. ddp

in win98se & presumming xp there is a cd player in accessories/entertainment

5. sdswaney

sdswaney Regular member

Hi
    I went to accessories/entertainment, the only thing I have there is: Real Player, Sound Recorder, Volume Control, and Windows Media Player.
    But remember, the drive wouldn't even read it!!! the drive just keap spinning try ing to read it but the drive read it a couple of weeks eariler.
    ThanksSteve

6. Eugenides

Eugenides Guest

Hey-

I should throw myself off a cliff.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2005
  7. ddp

Eugenides, your going to be history as didn't read forum rules. the thunder is going to turn you into a crispy critter!!