1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i cant view cso or iso files on my psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by fahad88, Aug 16, 2009.

1. fahad88

fahad88 Member

hi yesterday i got my psp modded and unbricked.The guy who did it said i should make a folder for iso. I downloaded 4 games and after I downloaded I get umd_data file and two folders i created cso of the games i downloaded and when i put them on memory stick they wont show up in psp.

2. WAR10CK

WAR10CK Guest

Hi, make sure the file name is in caps > ISO. Also, The file umd_data is part of the cso/iso file, therefore the game has already been extracted. Just extract the entire document before your clicked and got umd_data and drag that into the ISO folder. Hope this helps :)

3. fahad88

fahad88 Member

i put caps on the game iso i dont know what to put in iso folder when i extract i get folders and umd_data and stuff

4. WAR10CK

WAR10CK Guest

Put the ISO folder on the root of your memory stick not in the GAME folder (Root as in, the beginning of the memory stick). If you are using winRAR download a game to your desktop and just extract it from there...You are getting UMD_Data b/c the file has already been extracted.

5. fahad88

fahad88 Member

i am putting it in the ISO folder just the cso file. is it suppose to be iso or cso? i am getting a folder called PSP_Game do i need to put that in the iso folder or not. when i extract i get the psp game folder and umd_data

6. fahad88

fahad88 Member

my memory stick says the game is inside but its still not showing up in my psp

7. St_Jimmy

St_Jimmy Member

Don't extract the iso/cso. Your ISO folder should look like this
    \ISO
    Kickingame.ISO
    Omgpiracy.CSO
    I sounds like you're taking the ISO/CSO and extracting them using winrar or UMDGen or ISOBuster or whatever, in which case you'd get something like this:
    \ISO
    \Kickingame
    \PSP_GAME
    UMD_DATA.BIN
    ETC...
    Just put the ISO/CSO in your ISO folder and set the UMD Driver to either M33 Driver or Sony NP9660, whatever work best.

8. fahad88

fahad88 Member

still not showing up maybe i doing something wrong here is a example of one of the games i put in.
    -ISO
    NBA Inside- iso
    umd_data.bin

if i extract iso i get folder name psp_game should i also include that in iso folder? would i have to rename the folder?

9. sashy

sashy Member

10. WAR10CK

WAR10CK Guest

DONT EXTRACT! Extracting gives your UMD_data.bin b/c the game has already come as a file. in your example drag NBA Inside into the ISO folder. The UMD_data.bin shouldn't appear unless you double click on the game just don't do it. Make sure your using winRAR...

11. St_Jimmy

St_Jimmy Member

Sashy-Don't pull that crap.

OP- This is what it should look like in your ISO folder.
    [​IMG]
    I own all of those games, btw. Ripped from UMD, unless it was broken.
    If you downloaded a .iso or .cso file, that's a complete game and/or rip. DON'T extract it. If you got a .rar, .zip, .7z, .whatever file with the UMD_DATA.BIN and PSP_GAME, then you need a different way to get your backups.

12. fahad88

fahad88 Member

this is what i am getting and after this when i go on my psp in memory stick it says there are no games. my m33 vsh menu is

cpu clock xmb - default
    cpu clock game - default
    usb device - memory stick
    umd iso mode - m33 driver
    iso video mount - none

[​IMG]

13. maDdoggnz

maDdoggnz Regular member

Put the zip folder you have inside the ISO folder on your memory stick It sounds like your are Opning the iso folder with Winrar this is why you are getting the Umd_Data file Just put the File that you Open with winrar It will look Like a zip file But that is the iso of the game Winrar shows Iso files as a zip If you open the ISO / ZIP file it will come up with Psp_Game folder and Umd_data.bin file If you can see these files you have gone to far Just go back to the ISO/ZIP and drag that into The ISO folder on your memorycard And it will show up Let me know how you get on. Your Iso file should look like this. http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv164/brownienz/?action=view&current=pspimagepic.jpg And if you open it up with winrar it will look like this http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv164/brownienz/?action=view&current=openpspiso.jpg you want to put the file that looks like a zip file on your memorycard in ISO and it will work Peace

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  14. dipo

dipo Newbie

I also have the same problem too, I've put the isos and the csos in the ISO folder in the root of the memory stick, and on my psp, it shows that the isos are taking up space, but the isos themselves don't show up at all

15. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

What firmware do you have?

16. dipo

dipo Newbie

Firmware 6.61

17. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Ok, and actually what makes you think that you can play copied games on an official firmware? I don't want to mock you or anything, just very curious.

18. dipo

dipo Newbie

I've modded it already with PRO CFW for ver6.61, I even tried LME CFW for ver6.61, so no, I'm not that stupid

19. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You'd be surprised. There are people who exactly ask your question and then don't have custom firmware. So you're not on 6.61, but on 6.61 PRO. Good. What version of the PSP do you have?

20. dipo

dipo Newbie

PSP Slim and Lite 3004