1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't watch a video, please help!

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by lombardy, Jan 19, 2007.

1. lombardy

lombardy Member

Hi, I am trying to watch a video on my mac so I can do my homework for school, so if someone could respond to me soon then I would really appreciate it. But I am trying to open this video off of our blackboard my professor posted (the video is through cspan). Everytime I try to open the video with quicktime it says, "error opening movie, this movie can not be opened" so if anyone could please help, I would appreciate it so much... especially since I will have to be using this a lot throughout this semester! Thank you!
    (Also, I don't know if you need to know this, but I am trying to watch a video on Nancy Pelosi, and the video name that saves onto my computer it titled speakerpelosi.rm) (is the reason I cant open it because of the rm?) sorry this is so long! thanks for the help!
    -Kristine

2. lombardy

lombardy Member

Never mind, I realized I needed realplayer... stupid me, oh well, it works now!

3. Karma50

Karma50 Member

Don't bother with RealPlayer. Get VLC player. It works for almost any video file type. Plays Quicktime, Windows Media Player, and Real Player videos. Its free and you never have to worry about what player to use and if they are all updated again.