1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i captured my film but forgot to crop!! what can i do

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by badboy187, Nov 5, 2003.

1. badboy187

badboy187 Member

i captured my film with virtual dub using huffyiv and im happy with the results for a change on only i forgot to crop the bottom of the screen and there is some annoying lines at bottom what can i do any one cos virtual dub doesnt let u crop atderwards as far as i cann see can ne one help cheers!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes you Can Crop with Virtual Dub and since you are useing HuffyUV if you crop the File and Output useing the HuffyUV codec you will not loose any Quality cuz HuffyUV is 99.9%Lossless...To Crop in Virtual dub you go to "Filters" and Load the "Null-Transform" Filter then the "Cropping" Button will show up and you can crop the File....Cheers

3. badboy187

badboy187 Member

ok mate ive tried what u said and u r right it does work but howver my file is coming out about 3 gig bigger now! even using the huffuv codec again. Am i doing something wrong i have to have it in full processing mode in order to get the filters up what can i do now !!! (whilst im here i would to thank u for all your help!)any ideas on my next prob cheers

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Did you capture that Audio to a Compressed Format Like MP3??? If you did and you set the audio to "Full Proscessing Mode" then the audio will be Uncompressed there for makeing your Files Much Bigger...You can try running your File through V-Dub again But set the audio to MP3 compression ....I hope this helps...
    PS: what is the End use for these Files?? are you going to make a VCD/SVCD or DVD???

5. badboy187

badboy187 Member

well i wanna make 2 vcds out of em and probably a divx file for my comp. Is it true that there is a way u can make svcds work in your dvd player even if it only supports vcds and if so how do i do this cheers.

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes you can...Depending on your DVD Player,...All you do is encode to SVCD then after encodeing to SVCD you Take the File and Load it into Tmpgenc"s "Merge & Cut" (Some poeple use the Multiplex But I find this more reliable) But you choose "Video-CD Non-Standard" from the Drop Down Menu then give the New File a Name and click "Run"..In a Couple of Minutes you will have a New File that will Have a VCD Header, Now you Burn this File as a VCD In nero.(Turn off VCD Compliance)
    Not all DVD Player will Play them But many will..If you are Going to Make a VCD or SVCD then you don"t need to wory about Cropping or the file being too Big because you can Crop in Tmpgenc and you are just going to encode the File anyways and Probably delete it when you are Done so the File size shouldn"t Matter and Tmpgenc Likes Uncompressed audio anyways over any other Audio format...well Good Luck...Cheers

7. badboy187

badboy187 Member

ok i tried the vcd header trick with a small mpeg i had and it worked!!! so im pleased about that but last night i encoded my home video to svcd then run it through mulitpelx as mpeg1 non standard and now my orignal mpeg has no sound and the output file has sound and no video!!! what do i do now can i fix this (also i cant really see that theres much different in quality between a svcd i done and a vcd i done is it cos im going from 320 240 res up to whatever svcd is as where in vcd im only going from 320 240 to 352 288) please help i wanna wanna put this video on cd and end this era of my life!!!!!cheers

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you are going from 320+240 then you should be Makeing VCD"s and Not SVCD"s Because Up-Sizeing the Resolution that Much greatly reduces the Quality...And if you use the "Merge & Cut" instead of the "Multiplex" you will have less Problems...Good Luck