1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I converted a XViD to MPG (to burn to a VCD with Nero) and output is fine. However when I try to play it with my DVD player...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by JohnGafne, Jan 7, 2003.

1. JohnGafne

JohnGafne Guest

I converted a XViD to MPG (to burn to a VCD with Nero) and output is fine. However when I try to play it with my DVD player 1 of 2 things happen, depending on which VCD-capable DVD player I try:

1: Video is crystal clear, but every 3-5 seconds the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds.

2: I get just a green screen with blocks of black and a screeching sound.

Anyone experience any of the above and know a remedy?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2003
  2. mira

mira Member

Hi, everybody!
    I'm new here. I can't read all of your posts (it will take hours), so please help me, even if you already answered to somebody with the same problem.
    I want to make VCD (movie The Pianist).Right now it's in Xvid. I want to convert it to Mpeg.When I try to use VirtualDab or TMPGEnc to change audio to wav it doesn't let me do it. It gives me this message:
    The VirtualDab error:
    The requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format.Check that the sampling rate and channel count of the input match those of the requested format.

When I check every other of my Divx movies for audio (in properties) it says for example Mpeg 3 layer or 4,and this one says Bit rate 448kbps (for audio).
    I tried to use TMPGEnc to convert audio to Wav and all I got was apr.700mb of silence.
    Please, tell me what to do!
    Thank you in advance