1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I copied a dvd and my dvd player will not play but my dvd drive does.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nino23, Apr 9, 2007.

1. nino23

nino23 Member

I just copied a DVD and it plays fine on my computer but everytime i try it on my dvd players it just reads disk error. I used Verbs +r. I have never had this problem before. Could someone please help. thanks.

2. onya

onya Guest

Try burning that same movie to a DVD-R, if this proves to be sucessful, you can "booktype" those DVD+R if your burner supports it. Booktyping fools standalone players into thinking it's got an original DVD movie disc. Just incase your burner is mentioned, enter "booktyping" (not including quotes) into the search function, and have a read through those threads. If not, post back with your burners details.

Your choice of media is exellent, just keep those burn speeds low. (8X max)

3. 001721

001721 Member

i believe i have a similar problem
    i am trying to burn a movie to a dvd
    these are the files:
    video_ts.bup
    video_ts.ifo
    video_01_0.bup
    vts_01_0.ifo
    vts_01_1.vob
    vts_01_2.vob
    vts_01_3.vob

i have tried burning this 4 times twice with nero, once with easy dvd/cd burner and once with cheetah dvd burner.
    I have also combined the three .vob files into one and tried burning that but it makes no difference. Somebody please tell me what i'm doing wrong.Thanks.

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

nino23,

have your dvd player played +R disks before?
    it might just be a bad burn?

What app of nero are you using? Burning Rom? express?
    If you want to be able to watch the dvd in a dvd player you have to burn using either the burning rom or nero express, and select DVD-Video

5. 001721

001721 Member

using nero express

6. 001721

001721 Member

ok i just tried it with nero burning rom on my computer (i'd been using my laptop)
    and it worked
    i dont know how but it did
    and that'll do me :)
    thanks for the help people

7. nino23

nino23 Member

My dvd player reads +r just fine before. I burned at 8x and 4x and it still gives me the same error. As for booktyping, I have a samsung TS-h552b and it does not support booktyping. I have nero express and I used the Dvd-video option. I even tried dvd shrink to encode it again a reburn but same thing. I have burnt 4 copies 4 different ways and non of them play on any of my stand alone players. The first copy is on -r(sony) the rest is on +r(verbs). I'm still up for suggestions.