1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I could really use some advice

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bbell1, Mar 24, 2004.

1. bbell1

bbell1 Member

I own a V5 PS2 (originally thought it was a V1 because the serial number starts out with U1, but the model number is SCPH-30001 R) and I bought a flip top cover with Swap Magic for it. I burned a backup of my WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain game that I own. I used a Memorex DVD-R 4 X, but used DVD Decryptor at 1X to burn it. I boot up my PS-2 with the Swap Magic DVD in it, use the flip top to put my backup in and I get the pink background on the screen that says it can't read my disk. What are my other options in order to get my backup to work?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

a red/pink border with swap magic usualy means a bad burn or bad disc you could try re-burning your backup to another disc or try burning your backup to a diferent brand of dvdr disc

3. TheAssman

TheAssman Guest

Take the disc and put it in the microwave for a minute or so.......... Just kidding. I only use Sony media and had no prob backing up that game. PEACE.

The Assman

4. liljoe

liljoe Guest

5. louie3103

louie3103 Guest

i am having trouble burn a ps1 game can anyone help me???

6. bbell1

bbell1 Member

Thanks for your help guys; guess I'll try another brand of DVD-R's.

7. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

are u kidding me...dont say shit if you dont know what u are talking about. memorex dvd's acctually work very good, mayb its your shitty ass comp and burner

8. louie3103

louie3103 Guest

how do i go about burnin a ps2 or ps1 game anyone know of sites i can goto to get help from???????

9. hunter929

hunter929 Member

i had the same problem with wwe. i went a got some tdk and have not had a problem.

10. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i have burnt wwe on memorex and they do work, and i have never heard of one game not working on a certain type of disks but there others do,
    ussally if they work on one game the disks will work on all games...

11. hunter929

hunter929 Member

i couldnt figure it out either. i tried using nero, dvddecrypter, alcohol, all at different speeds. WWE would start get to the loading screen and freeze, for hours never did anything else. read some forums that suggested tdk, tried it with nero & tdk works fine. used the memorex for 10 other backups without a problem. dont know why it works, just glad.

12. martynste

martynste Regular member

Here we go again. Memorex don't work!!! lol lol lol

Step 1. Get a modchip for your ps2.
    Step 2. Open dvd decrypter.
    Step 3. Insert your ps2 original wwe smackdown into dvd drive.
    Step 4. Mode iso/read at max speed.
    Step 5. Insert your shitty memorex dvd-r into the drive.
    Step 6. Mode iso/write at max speed.
    Step 7. Eject your perfect backup. (Which is on shitty memorex dvd-r).
    Step 8. Put the backup into your chipped ps2.
    Step 9. Play the game, enjoy!!!

150+ ps2 backups, never not booted, on shitty memorex dvd-r.

Hope this helps.

Mart.

13. bbell1

bbell1 Member

Mart:

Then YOU suggest a mod chip for me to buy since you're so smart. I tell you right now I won't by a soldering mod and risk frying out my PS2's motherboard, so come on smart guy and suggest a non-solder mod chip for me to buy for my V5 PS2.

14. martynste

martynste Regular member

I have been through this argument so many times. If you can the chip fitted correctly by a professional it won't fry your ps2. The very few people who have had problems are the ones who fit the chip incorrectly.
    The chip I recommend are my chip the mxl2. Good price and reliable.

I too used to go through the swapping disc procedure. If you want to carry on it's up to you. Wouldn't it be nice though, to put your backup in the ps2 and it just works.

As for being smart. Cheers for that.

Glad to be of assistant.

Mart

15. bbell1

bbell1 Member

You see that's the problem for me in and of itself; there is NOBODY in my area that does that kind of work. If there was for you, that's great, but there isn't anyone around where I live that does that kind of work.

16. hunter929

hunter929 Member

all the mod chip guys are going to have to buy swap disks to use the HDD or play online. stick with the swap disks 10 extra seconds to load a game is not a big deal. you will thank me later. read the forums about the hdd and online play, cant do it with a mod chip.

17. cowman

cowman Member

its easy to get backups to work with swap disk order them from a backup company like www.gamerunner.net

18. cowman

cowman Member

i am fed up with wasting ours to burn a cd and you can have a backup made for about the same price as a rental game and it works

19. cowman

cowman Member

ya playing final fantasy now and i use a slide card wit h a swap disk no mod chip and it is a version 10 ps2

20. liljoe

liljoe Guest

aXidburn listin you dumbass maybe they work for you but not for me so i dont recommend them to other people what a dumbass !!!!