1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I could really use some help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Kfresh, May 31, 2007.

1. Kfresh

Kfresh Member

Ok so i got swap magic 3.8 with slide tool and im having a problem running backups.. ive seen the same problem as mine in other forums.. either the screen goes black or returns to the memory card / game screen then asks to insert a ps 1 or 2 valid disc. all the answers are about media quality and dvd -r's that you are using. my real question is what is a good program to burn my dvd - r's with and im using verbatim dvdrs that is a good brand right? im kinda clueless any help would be great thanks.

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

Imgburn
    Verbatim's are good
    Try burning at a low speed. I always burn at 4X

3. Kfresh

Kfresh Member

alright so i used ImgBurn and burned at 2x and still got a blank/black screen....wtf

4. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Maybe your not doing the slide trick right or your PS2/coder disc is screwed.

5. Slotown

Slotown Member

Sounds like a PS2 laser issue to me. I've seen this time and time again when the PS2 laser is dirty or needs adjusting.

6. foolios

foolios Member

What version PS2 do you have? Look there to find out: http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php?pagename=Ps2VersionTable

The new slimline PS2's work best with DVD+R's. I personally use Sony DVD+R's for my slimline and Nero to burn them. Works flawlessly for me.

Good Luck!

7. Edutz

Edutz Member

There are lots of stuff can make that problem.
    It maybe the game that you burn is not burn correctly, maybe the dvd quality, the laser, or even the game is not compatible itself. are you talking about specific games you played or all of them? If it is all games you're saying, then maybe the laser. I suggest you buy used ps2 from store, try it, then return it. See if it works on other ps2 you bought

8. shabi-ul

shabi-ul Regular member

Also make sure the size of the game is not bigger than the size of the swap magic disc you're using to boot it. If it is then you may need to rebuild your game.

9. HG27

HG27 Guest

What backups are you trying to boot?