1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I could use some help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by uncleb, Jan 28, 2004.

1. uncleb

uncleb Guest

Dear Friends,

Here’s the long and the short of it. I want to be able to transfer some family heirloom VHS tapes to DVD’s. I also want to be able to copy some DVD movies to DVD. I gather from questions that I’ve asked that the best way to do that is to copy these mediums to my Hard Drive and then transfer them to a DVD disk. What I believe I need (and you can help me with this) is a DVD +- Burner, something that will enable me to connect my VCR to my computer, and software that will enable me to edit & enhance my VHS tapes and in some cases compress my DVD’s so they will fit on a regular DVD disk (and if you have suggestions on which disks work best, that too). I’m a poor workin stiff so I want the highest quality for the lowest price. If you guys (and girls) have some ideas, some names, and or some prices (and maybe where to purchase) I’d really appreciate them. How to’s will help as well. Whatever you can give me I’ll take.
    Thanks
    Uncle Bob

2. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

You need a video capture card to transfer vhs to pc. A good dvd burner would be the latest sony 530ax or pioneer 107 I believe. But if you wait a little longer drives with 8x burn speed are coming out. Read the guides in this forum for more detailed info on Dvd burning, etc.

cheezzzz