1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I decrypted I shrunk Now How do I burn on to DVD using Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kaxmir, Nov 22, 2004.

1. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

Extremely confused. I downloaded
    "DVD Decrypter" AND "DVD Shrink 3.2" AND "Nero Smart Start" from Afterdawn.com .

I downloaded my friends Purchased DVD movie onto my hard drive.

Now REALLY confused HOW DO I BURN WITH NERO.
    WHAT DO I PICK? Nero asks Source (near top of screen) I picked DVD.

Now What do I do? Do I pick copy Data onto DVD, or something else????

I want a DVD copy burned onto a DVD-R so I can view on my DVD player (NEW) And I want to be able to view on my Notebook computer (NEW).

HELP!!!!

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

3. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Also if you want to, you can go to Shrink, choose EDIT-PREFERENCES-FILE I/O and "tick" enable burning with Nero. Then when your done working in Shrink and you hit BACKUP all you have to do is choose what drive you want to burn with, the directory to store the temporary files, choose quality settings if you want to, and hit ok.

Check out this guide to understand Dvd-Shrink a little better.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

Also some important tips I've picked up here, since your new to this.

Use good quality media "search these forums if you dont beleive me" I know from experience also.

The slower your burn speed the less errors your likely to get. I use 4x write speed on 4x ridata media with no problems.

Don't touch the computer while its burning, have a smoke and a pancake and come back later.

Also you can burn with Decrypter, there are many great threads on here to find out how to.

Spend some time searching around, there are so many bright and friendly people here, as well as very informative threads. This problem has probably already been addressed before.

Sorry MOD's if this is against rules, just thought I'd tell him before he made too many coasters.

4. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Please delete this, I had browser problems and it sent twice.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  5. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

Hi OU812...
    Thank you very much - I am having PERFECT results!!!

yeah!!!

I want to shop around for some DVD+RW. I plan on doing tons of copying now.

My next big project is to covert ALL my video tapes onto DVDs. This project should only take about a year (ha ha) I have tons of VHS tapes.

Take care and happy holidays!!!

6. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Glad to hear it, have fun. Oh, just a note, if your not planning on re-using the burned disc's you should get dvd-r or dvd+r "depending on what your burner can take". The Dvd-rw are re-writable, good for learning, but once you get it down the regular -+r's are much cheaper.

Meritline or supermediastore have good deals on blank media, I get my ritek ridata g04's for around .38-.43 cents a pop.

Welcome to the club, and Happy holidays to you as well.

7. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

Is there a better Burning program than Nero that is freeware and EASY to use?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2004
  8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Better than Nero?? No I don't believe there is a better program on the market, but if you want easy and reliable then you could go with Copy to DVD you can find it here http://www.download.com/CopyToDVD/3000-2242_4-10342429.html
    Of course it isnt free but you can try it for 21 day's to see if you like it. If you are just looking for a program to make copy's of your DVD's then DVD Decrypter is free, but that only burns an image file (ISO) Check out my guide here on using Shrink and Decrypter http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

Hope this helps you out

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WinXP SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.01GHz)
    1GB DDR 3200
    ATI All In Wonder 9600
    Burners Nec 2500A / Pioneer DVR 105