1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Do Not Understand My DVR

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by NicoleMC, Jan 26, 2007.

1. NicoleMC

NicoleMC Guest

Ok, so I am probably getting a million laughs but I am VERY new at Computers AND DVR. So... First, I watch Grey's Anatomy (please don't hold this against me) and I have a severly handicapped 3 year old son and I have to DVR it so that I can watch every week. This is the only show I do watch and it's MY TIME. BUT when he is in the hospital (which is often) I like to have them on my laptop so I can rewatch them. I used to just download them from a GA site(until my laptop crashed). Is it possible to get the DVR Recorded show from my DVR box to my Laptop? Like all these other people who get these clips off of TV.How do they put them on the internet,computer,whatever? Also my DVR cuts off the GA episode the last minute or two, and every time I try to change the time frame to record it an extra minute or two it won't save it. I have a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8240. Thanks.

I do Not know very much but I can try to contribute to this forum like the rules say, but I don't know if I can help since I do not know much about technology. Thanks Again.

PS. If you do answer this explain it in laymans terms... PLEASE?

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I don't know about the recording time issue except making sure that if there is an option to save the current settings, to do so.

As for recording onto your laptop, that is a lot more complicated and really needs a desktop PC. A far simpler way for you would be to buy a cheap DVD recorder and transfer the recordings onto a DVD-RW for playback on your laptop, deleting the disk to use over again. DVD recorders can be bought for under £50.
    http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/dvd-recorders/alba-rdvd1002.asp
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=dvd+recorder