1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont know if i did this right..

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by schace, Jan 7, 2005.

1. schace

schace Guest

I'M VERY NEW AT THIS. I'm trying to burn ps2 game. these are the steps I followed..
    1. Take the ps2 game put it in the dvd rom or dvd burner, your choice.

2. open the dvd decryptor program then go to to tool bar and hit MODE>ISO>READ. Then choose the correct dvd drive that the game is in as the "source". Also choose where you want the files to be stored on the pc hdd. THEN CLICK DECRYPT , or the huge graphical picture at the bottom of the program which makes it run. The game is now copying to your HDD. Take the game out when finished (it might take a while).

3. Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE. This will then let you look for the files you just created in step 2. Select the file that you just created. (There is only 2 files creadted so pick the smaller one, I forget what its called. If it dosen't work pick the other file instead.) Then click WRITE, make sure there is blank DVD or CD in the drive depending on if its a cd or dvd game.

The game is now burning.... when done Take the game out! can anyone tell me if this is right.. cuz when i go and open up the dvd files are in there but dosnt it take a VERY VERY LONG time to burn it didnt take me that long.. plus I got the software swap majic how do I use this and how do I know if the game burned?

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Well you usually want to burn at 1x or 2x max so you get a good burn. Burning at 1x should probably take like 40-60min. maybe, depending on how big the dvd is. If you put in the real ps2 game in your drive and explore it and its the same as your backup, then i would say you did it right.

As for using SwapMagic, there's hundreds of threads here explaining it. Which method are you using, the fliptop lid or a slidecard? Whichever you choose, load SwapMagic, then, when prompted swap with your backup disc using the method you chose.

3. schace

schace Guest

I put it in the ps2 and it just says insert ps2 formatted dics so I guess I did it wrong:( I knew it was to good to be true:(

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

It's not too good to be true. Backups work fine with SwapMagic, you just need to get your hands on a fliptop lid or a slidecard. Find out what version ps2 you have and get the lid for it, or buy a cheap slidecard and use that.

5. schace

schace Guest

Ok sorry to be dumb and all, but where to I get this and how do I find out the ps2 version, (this is my son's game I know nothing about:( )

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member