1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i dont really now my chip, and some questions

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Link002, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Link002

Link002 Member

okay, i got my wii modded a while bak, but i didnt know what chip i had, and when i tried to play a fake copy of mario galaxy, people were telling me it was gonna brick on this bored, and i got so scared, so i took the power cable out, i thought it was broken, but then, it worked fine, untill i got the error 001, but people were telling me, that no copy of mario galaxy wouldnt, unless i updated the chip, but i didnt know what chip i had, so i just bought the real copy of mario galaxy, and it works fine.... so i got a few questions

1.Whats gonna happen with brawl? am i gonna have to buy a real game, or will this be the game that will brick it?

2. Is there a way to find out what chip i have? like, with the serial number?

3.What is this wii brick blocker? will it help me, even though i dont know what chip i have?

any other help, would be very helpful! :D

2. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

Dude is there way of finding out what modchip you have? Did you buy it? If so try contacting him.

3. Link002

Link002 Member

cant really contact the guy, but isnt there a way to find out with the serial number??

4. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

I really want to help, but I dont know what to tell you. Maybe you can google it with your number, maybe you'll will find something. If not you will have to open your to find out what kind of modchip you have.

5. Link002

Link002 Member

thanks for trying to help, but ive heard of somehting called wii brick blocker? wut is this

6. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

it is to play out of region games.

Any PAL/NTSC(U)/NTSC(J) Wii can be bricked or semi-bricked if you play an out of region game disc on your Wii + it has a region update on it.

Below is a guide to follow when playing a Game Disc that has a firmware update on it.

NTSC(U) Game + NTSC(U) Wii = No chance of a region brick
    PAL Game + PAL Wii = No chance of a region brick
    NTSC(J) Game + NTSC(J) Wii = No chance of a region brick

---------------------------------------------------------------------

NTSC(U) Game + PAL/NTSC(J) Wii = Brick is possible if Wii is not updated with latest firmware + Wii Brick Blocker.

PAL Game + NTSC(U)/NTSC(J) Wii = Brick is possible if Wii is not updated with latest firmware + Wii Brick Blocker.

NTSC(J) Game + PAL/NTSC(U) Wii = Brick is possible if Wii is not updated with latest firmware + Wii Brick Blocker.