1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont understang why? (noob help)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Watzup, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Watzup

Watzup Member

k, ive dl a full game off a torrent - own the game n i am makin a back up. I want 2no how to get it on2 my xbox, cs i put the whole folder (bout 1.9gb) into f:/games on my xbox n it did nothin, why wont it show up. i have no dvd writer btw n loads of space on my hdd.i dont want 2put it from xbox to pc. thanking u lot in advance 4 the help.
    Paul

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You need to make the folder a ISO before transferring to your Xbox. Good Xbox iso programs are Qwix, IsoMaker, and xiso.

3. Watzup

Watzup Member

thanks 4d help ill try dat. do i need 2unzip every file in the folder first tho?

4. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

you dont turn it into a iso when sending it to your xbox HDD you only turn it into an iso if your burning it to disc. Use winrar to unzip and transfer the folder to a folder called "games" in the f section of your xbox HDD. Or you could turn it into an iso and burn it to disc.

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well, in Qwix you just simply upload your iso and be done with it :p

6. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

If it's a compressed file ie. winrar or winzip file you need to unrar or unzip it.The main .xbe file must be named default.xbe(should already be named this).

If you already own the game why did you download it?
    You can make a copy of any game using a program called dvd2xbox.Copies it straight from your xbox dvd rom drive to your xbox hard drive

7. Watzup

Watzup Member

i dont rly own it, but i thought id get told off 4piracy!So i have 2unzip every little file in the folder cs deres about 500of them!

8. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

It all depends on the way the person or group that's sharing the game has it compressed.From my experience with xbox games I've found that most of them are not compressed at all and are in iso form.If it's not an iso and you have a file, I've seen compressed audio and other files that you don't need to uncompress.
    Just make sure that the .xbe file is within the first folder.If it's 2 folders deep, your dashboard won't see the default.xbe and it will be like it's not there.

9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

If you have an RW that your machine can read (cd-rw or dvd-/+rw)and you also have a dash that has a file manager,you can do this. Take whatever rar files you have and burn them to a disk as data,then boot up your box and goto your filemanager. Make a new folder,and then transfer all the rar files to it. You can split up the files into groups since the rars will go back into order later. Now with all the rar files in the folder on your xbox,start up an app called COMPLEX TOOLS. In this app ther are two parts that you will need,one is the sfv checker and the other will unrar your game. If you want to see if the game has any broken or corupted files,use the sfv checker. If you wanna just go for it,then go to the rar tool. You will open it and then navigate to the .rar file of the bunch or the first rar file in the series and click on it. The tool will then ask you where you want to put it. Now watch as it goes to work. It also extracts ISO files too. If you have a slow NIC and your ftps are crazy slow,sometimes this is faster.