1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I DOWNLOADED THESE .01 .02 /.001 .002/.part1.rar .part2.rar FILES....what do i do?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by hursty, Oct 23, 2005.

1. ironnie12

ironnie12 Guest

Hello - Have read all the threads and my head hurts but have these 50+ rar files and WinRAR but cant seem to extract the files into anything but another rar folder. Is there anywhere to visit that gives a step by step instruction. Have tried right clicking, left double clicking and even did hand-stands with no success. Thank you all that reply and remember...it's my first time!!.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Extracting for ISO?

If you right clicked "Extract here",that 2nd set of rar files should have had an ISO at the bottom of all those 50+ little book icons.Click on that icon and burn with ImgBurn,nero burning rom,etc.

I just did my 1st one the other day,I'm still suffering headaches, LOL. I'm still a newb at this .rar crap.

If you're doing something else besides extracting for the ISO,then I'm not much help, LOL!

Of all the googling and searching I did,most of the searches brought me here to AD.

3. iNDUCT

iNDUCT Guest

hey thanks for the info

4. haskins69

haskins69 Member

unless it shows a ISO file it probly extracted another set or a single RAR file that needs extracted it self

then you should have the file your looking for

or someone could be playing tricks and just RAR'ed it over and over [been doing this over 8 years and I've never seen this done ]

if it comes up asking for a password on secound file you can find and or crack the password but I'd just delete it and try again with different uploader

hope this helps

5. Grady1707

Grady1707 Guest

you can't use winrar you have to use the normal extractor

6. haskins69

haskins69 Member

the 001, 002 ,003 files while not 100% positive [unless I see them] are probily 7-zip files..a free program like winRAR but seems to compress more I got a 37 MB file that extracted is over 500MB

7. brett1211

brett1211 Member

HJsplit never really worked for me. Did some searching and came across this. Hope this helps. It's nice b/c it associates itself w/ the .001 file format so when I download a set of files (like movie.wmv.001, movie.wmv.002, etc), I just double click the .001 file and it's all done. fast and pretty too. have fun!

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Winrar opens .001 files. Right click-> open with -> winrar, tick 'always use this application for this file type' and you're done.