1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I/E Error with DVD-R media only!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Willis05, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Willis05

Willis05 Member

Hello

I recently purchased severl types of DVD-R Media. The Brands are the following: TDK DVD-R 2X, Memorex DVD-R 8X. When i go to burn the iso file in DVD Decrypter I get the following error: I/O Error Device:[1:1:0] HP DVD Write 530r VP08 (E:) SCSISTATUS: OXO2 Interpretation: Check Condition.... There is more but not sure how important it is.This happens 30-50 secs after i hit the decrypt button. Now When I burn an ISO File onto Sony DVD+R, I dont have any problems. Just wondering if anyone has this problem or if there is some kind of fix for it. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Willis05, welcome to aD,

Memorex is a known bad media but the TDK is 90% good., Only 1 batch of TDK's (I think it's the 5-pack) is made by a untrustworthy company.

It is generally certain companies who produce poor media but Maxell, their -R discs are made by 1 company (Bad) yet their +R media is made by a decent company (Good).

Get used too and use this tool, DVD Identifier -

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

As for your current bad media,

"Uncle" ScubaPete's Last Ditch Suggestions to help you work your way through your "Really Cheap and I wish I hadn't bought this stuff." DVD Discs.

HOT TIPS for your POOR MEDIA:
    1. Here's a good fix. Compress your DVD to somewhere around 4.3GB instead of the recommended 4360MB. I.e., Go into DVD Shrink, "Edit", "Preferences" then set the "DVD Target Size" to "Custom" and enter 4300MB as the size. Reducing the amount of Data to be burned it keeps your burning away from the disc's edges where the dye on poor quality DVD discs tends to be uneven and may even be brittle and flaking.

2. You may reduce the number of errors and "artifacts" (the "freezing", "skipping" and other picture abnormalities) when burning poor media by burning at a reduced speed. It will take longer but what the heck, you're saving money with those "Cheap" discs (Lol). Since you're compressing more it might be wise to burn just the movie, the less you burn the better the quality sooo, movie only, please.

The "Magic cleaning" technique: Try cleaning your DVD discs. Yea, I know they're new and clean but do it anyway. Do it a few seconds before inserting it into your DVD tray, use a disc cleaner, eyeglass cleaning solution or 99% Isopropyl Alcohol and a soft cotton cloth and rub-a-dub, dub. As soon as you're finished, "Pop" it into your DVD tray and fire up your program. You would be surprised how many times your disc is now "seen" :)

I hope it helps,

Pete

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

4. Willis05

Willis05 Member

Just my luck.

Mike

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

bbmayo,

Nice catch, I missed the HP burner - I should have gotten it as I had one of those "Puppys" -

"P"

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah now you have a couple of choices.
    Buy new media or buy a new burner that supports everything (Not HP) ;-)

Sorry about the mishap Willie05 maybe you can sell your media to a buddie. Make sure he owns a HP writer to though so he can go threw the same headache you indured.. LOL Just kidding but you should always check no matter what type of media you are buying is compatable with your hardware. I would imagine you just learned a valuable lesson. Again I am truly sorry for being the bearer of bad news I was hoping Scuba could have told you this and I wouldnt have to be the bad guy. Wayto go Scuba ;-)

bbmayo

7. Willis05

Willis05 Member

Hey, its no big deal. I ve never used -R before. I have always used +R. I was just wondering what was going on. I thank you both for letting me know. I will just go out and buy one tomarrow. I have alot of DVD-R's. No sense let them go to waste. Plus this gives me a reason to buy one without the lady getting pissed off at me. :)

Mike

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This is so true.. :)

I Like your way of thinking