1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I.E. Help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by canieves, Jan 29, 2004.

1. canieves

canieves Member

Had a problem with someone hijacking my home sight. Downloaded spybot and AD-aware. Took care of the problem. Still have a problem with link toolbar to search engine. Under address on I.E. there is a link to a search page which help cause the problem of my hijack page. How can I get rid of this? Use to have a link to google. Like to get it back. If I right click around the toolbars I see, all with check marks,

Standard Buttons
    Address Bar
    Links
    The link of the search eng I do not want.
    How do you change the link to the one you want?

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

It sounds like they didn't remove the toolbar itself. You can uncheck the tool bar you don't want under the View..Toolbars menu and it will not be shown and reinstall the Google Toolbar but the toolbar itself will still be on your system and might come back on the next reboot. I would try running the adaware and spybot programs again too.

What toolbar was it that was installed? There are different ways to remove some of them depending on which one it is.

3. canieves

canieves Member

It's some no name that I never seen before. "klyuustdcec" When I right click on the tool bar I see "klyuustdcec". When I uncheck it, it goes away from under my address bar. Check it again it comes back. The problem I have is that I don't know how to remove it from the list when I right click:
    standard buttons
    address link
    links
    "klyuustdcec"
    Unchecking it, it goes away. That I can do. How do I remove it from the list. Think this will take care of my problem.

4. hiatt60

hiatt60 Guest

I have the same problem canieves and I just don't remember how I removed it last time. I guess I was in the registry editor and went that way. But I tried that and nothing happen.

5. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

I suggest you have a look at:
    http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/

A MOST USEFUL program and forum for spyware/hijacking issues.

Have Fun...

6. hiatt60

hiatt60 Guest

I want to remove the toolbar from the toolbar list. When I logon imto my broswer and the tool bar is still there after I uninsatll the toolbar. So could you tell me how to get rid of it? It isn't from Spyware.

7. drchips

drchips Active member

Ok,

did you try the link I supplied?
    have you tried the program?

Your I.E has been hijacked by a toolbar/spyware/tracker exploit.

Hijacked means something has been installed/taken control of a function WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION, and DEFIES removal.....

Have Fun...

8. hiatt60

hiatt60 Guest

No I didn't download a toolbar that added a toolbar by itself. What I was trying to say is I downloaded MyWay Toolbar and I wanted it off my toolbar list. I disable it but when I load up IE it comes right back.

I was in regedit one day and it told me how to do it, I forgot. I was hoping you would know how to do it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Thank for your reply,
    Teri[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2004