1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i F***ed up my g/f's computer

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by woodTHING, Jun 6, 2007.

1. woodTHING

woodTHING Member

ok we downloaded something got a virus, then deleted it and everything was ok until the next day. whenever she would try to type something the keys would pop up the favorites list and close windows, not type the right things like "E" would be "8", and she said that it blocked antivirus sites like norton and symantec. she finally got some software (nod32) and it found 2 trojans but it cant find anymore stuff and its still f'd but a little better

...anymore help would be greatly appreciated, shes hatin on me so bad right now!

2. JoeyBoy

JoeyBoy Member

Dude its all good especially of you have nod32 it is a great virus program. If all you found was 2 trojans than more than likely it is mostly due to spyware (they are a pain in the ass I know) check download.com and go under spyware it will give you a list of all the top spyware programs try that and see what happens then it might help you out a lot. If that works that is good then what you should do is try it in safe mode and run all your virus and spyware programs it will most likely detect more. Hope this hleps out man. And tell your gurl nothing to worry bout its just a computer she has you your more important anyways lol.

3. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

Fourth sticky thread above.

4. woodTHING

woodTHING Member

thanks joey...now to see what happens. lol

5. Fredil

Fredil Regular member

NOD32 isn't what I would call a good antivirus, but it's definitely not bad. It's small and compact, but it doesn't have the highest detection or heuristics.

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Heres a list with links to a handful of free spyware removal applications.... (I listed them in the order of most effective to least effective, this is my opinion of course)

a-squared free (one of if not thee best freeware app in my opinion, most removes rootkits,trojans,etc.)

AVG Anti-Spyware

Ad-Aware (new version out, Ad-Aware 2007)

SpyBot Search and Destroy

Spyware Terminator

And here are some smaller apps you may want to try out....

CWShredder - removes many CoolWebSearch infections

Trend Micros Rootkit Buster

AVG Anti-Rootkit

RogueRemover