1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Figured Out How To Use Gameshark Codes With Backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by TheAssman, Apr 15, 2004.

1. TheAssman

TheAssman Guest

I have seen a few people asking on here and I myself was wondering how I could use Gameshark codes with my backups and I finally figured out the answer.

I have a V10 PS2 with a DMS3 chip installed. I had tried to use cheat codes with PSX backups using the Gameshark CD for PSX that came bundled with my V2 Gameshark for PS2 but they would never run. I always got a black screen after I switched CDs and tried to start the game with codes. I dont know if other versions of the PSX Gameshark CDs will boot backups but the one I own won't.

My solution? Gameshark Lite. It works perfect everytime for me. Like I said I dont know if other versions of the Gameshark software will boot backups I only know the one I got bundled with my V2 won't.

I hope this helps.

The Assman

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2004
  2. datatrek

datatrek Member

I managed to get my gameshark2 v4 to load backups. I have a magic 3.1 V5. I might have to press start game a couple of time, but it works for every game I have tried.

3. benagain

benagain Regular member

Damn, you guys are lucky. I've got a Magic 3.1 with a Gameshark2, but I'm not sure what version. It's about a year or so old. I can't play any backups with codes. I can select the codes, swap disks and hit X to load with codes and it just hangs on a black screen. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's just my version of the GS.

4. pudge

pudge Regular member

if you look on ur gameshark cd in that iner ring where the hole is you can see what version it is

5. benagain

benagain Regular member

Wow. I never even thought to look there for the version. Thanks for the tip pudge. I'll have to check it out.

6. supasonic

supasonic Member

Hey datatrek sry 'bout the PM, I didn't read the rules. But any way do think you can tell me this mystical secret to using the Gameshark with a mod-chip. I have a Magic 3.1 in a v4 NoGap PS2 also but I have a GameShark 2 v3.

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The gamesharkV2 psx disc works for me but I am like Assman I like the gameshark lite.The version 4 works pretty good also I heard a couple others that will work but I would say stick with the gameshark lite version if you can.I am a fliptop user and I am pretty sure it will work with your mods.It might also depend on how many codes you have selected also.I think you are limited to a certain amount you can use.Try not to go over 20 codes selected if you can.

8. datatrek

datatrek Member

All I do in order to use the gameshark with backup codes is, I start the gameshark and turn on the codes that I like. Then I select "Start Game" and I insert the backup game and I press X. I usually hold down the X button while the game tries to boot. Sometimes it doesn't boot I have have to do it a couple of times before it will load.