1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I followed all directions; PSP still not detecting video.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by aeroplain, Apr 20, 2005.

1. aeroplain

aeroplain Member

I read the guide on this website, and several other websites, regarding how to properly convert a video to an MP4 file and send it to a PSP, but after following all of the steps in the guides my PSP is still saying "There are no videos" when I try to play it.

As far as I can tell the video is in proper MP4 form, it is in the directory I downloaded from connect.sony.com and it is named in the correct fashon. I have formated the memory stick, and the memory stick I have even says "Works with the PSP" right on the packaging, so I doubt it is a memory card problem.

I've done all of these things, but still my PSP says "There are no videos". It's kind of frustrating not being able to play videos, so I would appreciate any help this website has to offer.

Thank you.

2. eatsnax

eatsnax Guest

Maybe you should make sure that the 100MNV01 Folder that you create is next to, not inside the PSP folder. I made this mistake once. And soon as I moved the folder out of the PSP folder every thing was fine. Hope that helps.

3. philipman

philipman Regular member

get psp video 9 and makes that file for you, and it converts it very fast. You can also make the file much smaller.

4. Rejoic

Rejoic Guest

At the launch of the PSP gamespot was kind enough to post a converter on their website of course under the PSP section. It also provides a step by step guide on how to convert and transfer to the PSP via USB cable. The converter was real easy to use.

5. mpapa

mpapa Guest

6. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Regular member

that should work