1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I get this error message when trying 2 convert avi in virtualdub

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by coomer, Jul 19, 2004.

1. coomer

coomer Guest

the source video stream uses a compression algorithm which is not compatible with AVI files. Direct stream copy cannot be used with this video stream.

This used 2 work for me however with my files i video direct stream copy then audio full processing mode then put the file into tmpgenc now however i cannot do this and it is annoying me immensly??? is there something wrong with my codecs?? or the process or file i am using?? thanks steve

2. coomer

coomer Guest

someone else must of had this algorithm error in virtualdub??

3. Tommetjuh

Tommetjuh Member

Video --> "Full Processing Mode"
    Audio --> "Direct Stream Copy"

or

Video --> "Full Processing Mode"
    Audio --> "Full Processing Mode"

4. coomer

coomer Guest

If i was 2 do as u say it would never fit on 1 disc the file would be 2 large like 6-8 GB so this cannot be there must be another way around this?

5. coomer

coomer Guest

Has anyone ever had this message?? As i can no longer put my movies onto disc from an avi and tmpgenc file??? or is there another way round doing it anyway with 2 avi or mpg files as this is getting boring

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2004
  6. Minion

Minion Senior member

If Virtual-Dub can read the File and you want to encode it to Mpeg useing tmpgenc then try Frameserveing the AVI File to tmpgenc with Virtual-Dub ...This will take no extra Processing...

#1)First go into the V-Dub folder and run the "AuxSetup.exe" file, then click "Install Handler" and then click "OK"...

#2) Now run V-Dub and Load in your AVI file and set up any filters you want to use if any...

#3)Now go to "file" to "Start Frameserver" and now click "Start" and now give the Frameserver File a Name and save it to your Desktop with a .vdr Extention so the File would be named something like this, "Movie.vdr"...

#4) Now Run Tmppenc and load the "Movie.vdr" file into Tmpgenc and set it up Like normal and encode it to Mpeg...
    If Tmpgenc gives you a "Can not Open or Unsupported" message with the File then go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Disable the "Direct show File Reader" and Raiuse the "AVI VFW Compatibility Reader" to "2"....

Good Luck