1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I give it 3 weeks...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by k_o_m, Jun 25, 2007.

1. k_o_m

k_o_m Member

Sonys going to put out a new firmware version with some new lame feature like listening to 2 songs at the same time. Of course fixing the new found exploit. Ta-da: "3.6 downgrader!!!>??!?!!?" topics.

2. Phoenix95

Phoenix95 Guest

He He , playing 2 songs at a time, IT IS LAME!

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I think it'll be even before 3 weeks. Probably a 3.51 "security fix".

4. k_o_m

k_o_m Member

Yeah, probably this Thursday.

5. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Lol yeah, that's Sony for you.

6. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

Or Upgrading the Flash Version On The Internet Browser, but homebrew is worth flash 5 lol...

7. k_o_m

k_o_m Member

I like the way they describe the updates too. "Protects your PSP from malicious software". Should say "Keeps you from having more fun with your PSP".

8. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

lol ya. if they'd just embrace the idea of people having fun with a video GAME console, then they would sall way more consoles. look at the ds. no firmware updates, no flash, no homebrew with out a special $100 card. their sales SUCK, and the psp is looking more and more like that with every passing moment. eventually, the psp will be so patched, it really will be unhackable for a very long time, when some new software comes out. as soon as 3.51 hits there will be "wheres the 3.51 oe-a?" and "3.51 downgrader. plz, plz halp me fest!"

but really, LISTEN UP SONY!! more psp's are returned for not being homebrew enabled then psps are sold. LOOK AT THE STATS AND TELL US WHO IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

9. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Very well said, mrmcman.

10. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Oi... When they do, the forum will be flooded with HOW DA HELL DO I DGRADE 3.51?!?!@?!@ threads...

11. psphunt

psphunt Guest

3.6 downgrader??????????
    dose that exist

12. Ce_Yu_Pe

Ce_Yu_Pe Regular member

No 3.6 isnt even a real fw.....yet

13. k_o_m

k_o_m Member

I know an update is coming either tomorrow or next Thursday. It's going to 3.5x-3.60, and it's going to do nothing but "Protect your PSP from malicious software."

14. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

lol

hi i have fw 3.51 can i dwongrade to 1.50? plz help thx guys

you'll see that when 3.51 is released

15. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

well see that more than once, be assured of that...

16. nhar068

nhar068 Member

One question, im wondering WHY does Sony bother? They are spending a large amount of money on a development team which is just trying to make it so that the firmware is undowngradable.

Surely they wouldn't lose that much money from just letting it be downgradeable. The average PSP user has never (and would never) even think about customising it even to play games for free, thats "computer geek" territory.

And in addition to this it makes life harder for games developers because it can introduce conflictions with their program if when they start the firmware is version 2.71 then when they finish is 3.8 or some crazy version.

17. OzMick

OzMick Guest

If you're saying that DS sales suck, you'd better check your figures man... It is selling almost as many per month as PS2,PS3 and PSP combined.

18. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

ok i never checked my figures. i made that up to help get my point accross. the thing is, i dont hate the ds or anything, its actually pretty good. i just think nintendo made some major mistakes, like no multimedia, for instance, that will end up costing them big time in the long run

19. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

In my opinion the only reason the ds is selling more than the psp, is because the crowd the appeal to arent people who have knowledge or want to take advantage of homebrew. They just want the game system and to them, thats all it is...