1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I give up. ISO won't load, corrupt data files everywhere

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Gumbyrama, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Gumbyrama

Gumbyrama Member

I have been reading this and other forums for a week now, trying everything that gets suggested. There are three main problems;

1. I can only get one ISO/CSO (of the seven I have) to play on my PSP.
    2. When browsing the MemoryStick via the game menu, there are at least 200 corrupt data files.
    3. Although I have 6 of the 7 .cso files loaded to my MemoryStck, I can only see 2 of them in the list to even try to play.

I am running 3.10 OE-A'
    I have a 4Mb Memory Stick
    I have "Tekken: Dark Ressurection" in the UMD drive
    I have tried with and without UMD enabled/disabled
    I have tried evry combination and permutation of the recovery menu to get things to work - no change.
    I have tried formatting the card, and reformatting the card - nothing makes a difference.

What am I missing?
    Why all the corrupt data files when these are supposedly turned off in the recovery menu?
    Why does one game work, and 6 others don't?

I can't be this hard!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Im not sure it seems like u tried everything. Maybe u have a partial corrupted Firmware? Go to system settings n restore defult settings and try reinstalling a custom firmware. There are 2 custom fimrware in my sig.. 3.03 OE-C which is more stable and 3.40 OE-A the newest

3. Gumbyrama

Gumbyrama Member

Thanks for the links.

Do I need to run some sort of "downgrader" before I can apply the 3.03 OE-C firmware? I am currently running 3.10. SHould I just go straight for 3.40?

Update: just a few minutes ago I managed to solve one of the problems. By formatting the card (using my PC) using the FAT file system, I have removed all the corupt data files being displayed. Command line for this was: format <psp drive letter>: /FS:FAT

It seems that whenever I format the 4Gb card using the PSP, I get corrupt data (somewhere).

4. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

i think the 4gig stick is the cause. try using the 2gig one. but thts wht i thought.dont know if tht helps..anyway its not bad tryin u know.

5. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Strange that never happen to me before... But you dont need to downgrade because u have custom firmware n it already have homebrew ability to run a homebrew(custom firmware install)

6. xaznpwnx

xaznpwnx Member

Try using UMD Gen and converting them to 1 compressed .cso file. search it up on google, it should show up.

7. Gumbyrama

Gumbyrama Member

Great - I'll give it a go and let you know.

8. Gumbyrama

Gumbyrama Member

The problem was with the 4Gb memory stick. As soon as I bought a 2Gb stick, everthing works perfectly.

So have I wasted my money on the 4Gb stick?

9. scrum

scrum Member

Probably. Many people do. There's a lot of fake or damaged ones out there for sale.

10. cnj0_6

cnj0_6 Guest

Gumbyrama

WAIT I have a 4 gig as well and i am having the same prob...so all the games that wer e not working on the 4 gig are playing on the 2 gig? I did get my 4g from ebay and did not come in wrapper but when i was 1,5 with dev hook and it worked...maybe taht is it...i will look for a 2 gig now and make sure it is real. But sometomes my SOCOM 2 works sometimes and others it doesnt...i dunno gotta try eveything right!

11. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

As a rule dont buy any memory cards on Ebay. or even online besides online stores like target, walgreens, kmart, circuit city...those chains... Most of the card are made from really cheap technology even those that say Sony there are probably fake ones using the sony name. their performance might not be good and not launch the games and programs fast enough. This has happen to me before on micro sd cards.

12. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

indeed...I just picked up a sandisk 4gig from circuit city today-they have them on sale until tomorrow..(or today I guess now!! 6/30) for $49.99!!

13. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Ive seen them cheaper...but Sandisk are good brand there faster than SOny ones and they dont have too much problems loading plugins like Lexar sometimes do.