1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got a PS2 Network Adaptor and a fat PS1...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by KrAzY3, Jun 16, 2007.

1. KrAzY3

KrAzY3 Member

My wife got me a slimline PS2 for Christmas shortly after it came out. At the time I was pretty happy with it because it a lot smaller than the old fat one. That was before I found out about HDAdvance. I found out about USBeXtreme and looked forward to it coming out but it didn't seem worth the trouble. Anyway, since then I have considered getting the setup to run HDAdvance. After seeing the Network Adaptor start to get scarce I picked one up at Gamestop when I saw one.

My question now is what next? I want a fat PS2 but I'm kind of hoping to get a real good deal on one or something. Anything in particular to look for or to avoid when shopping for one? Also, anyone know what the best HD I could get that would work for this setup? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Also, I picked up a old fat PS1 for 3 bucks. I figured what the hell. I already have a PSOne with screen and a modded Pal PSOne (with crappy screen, that only plays Pal). I'd kind of like to be able to play both NTSC and Pal backups on the fat PS1 (SPCH-5501) but I doubt it is worth the trouble. Just wondering if anyone had any advice on that as well (didn't see any other place to ask).

2. bloodytux

bloodytux Member

Best bet, look at eBay. You can get a good fat PS2 for $50-$70. Either that or you could wait for the PS2s to start stocking up at your GameStop just like the PS1s and PSOnes did. With the PS1 thing, just use a NTSC PS2 and run old NTSC PS1 games and you can either attempt to find a mod that will run PAL games or keep your old PSOne. Hope I helped. :). Ciao