1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got banned from xbox live!!!! HELP ME!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by MatZt, Dec 18, 2007.

1. MatZt

MatZt Member

my modded 360 got caught. Is there any way around this? something i can do to my 360? Or am I just out of luck when it comes to XBOX live now...

2. steimy

steimy Active member

The only way to get back on is to buy a new console. The console you have is now banned and will never be on Xbox Live again. Your Xbox Live account on the other hand is still open and can be imported to a new console and used.

3. madisonx

madisonx Member

Not true. You just need to reflash it with a new key. It's your consoles's ID that is banned.

4. madisonx

madisonx Member

Not true. You just need to reflash it with a new key. It's your consoles's ID that is banned.

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

You make it sound like it a simple process when it's quite complicated. On top of that you have to get that key from a non banned 360 and when you do both 360s can't be on Live at the same time or else they'll both probably get banned.

6. Conzor

Conzor Guest

Edited for content that violates forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2007
  7. jjjj55

jjjj55 Member

how do you unban a 360 with another persons key

8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

ATM it is quite technically advanced for the average person to do. It's going to involve spending money on a Infectus2 and soldering, desoldering, and resoldering. You're going to need a unbanned 360. And you'll still end up with a high risk of getting both the 360s banned.

Having 2 360s with the same key logged on to LIVE at the same time would obviously be a HUGE flag for MS.

9. madisonx

madisonx Member

Yeah, it's not that hard. I am guessing you must have already modded your 360 so you can do a reflash. And I play my friend on Live with his key in my box and no problems. Even if they ban me again at this rate either the new Xbox will be out or I will get another key. Someone is also very close to completing the key generator also, that should make things fun for M$.

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Obviously his box is modded or he wouldn't be banned.

And do a reflash...? Changing the key for the 360 has nothing to do with the dvd drive. I think you might be confused with what's going on. Why not tell us how you think you changed your key because you keep saying you have yet everything you describe doesn't make sence.

11. madisonx

madisonx Member

Okay for one, just because he is changing his key doesn't mean he modded his xbox, maybe someone else did it for him. Also some people are getting banned who never modded there system at all. So all I'm saying is it's not hard and if YOU modded YOUR system then your must not be a complete retard and have a little understanding of electronics so it's possible to do this also. Why don't you read one of the fifty guides why would I waste time posting how I did it? To prove I did? Okay I'll go find a guide for you and post that as how I did it.

12. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

???... so what's it matter who modded it... if it's been banned then it's because it was modded. That's what I said the first time.

Yes. There were a handful. And MS investigated the problem and people who were wrongly banned are being unbanned.

So... if someone can type a command or two to flash a dvd drive, according to you, they must automatically have good soldering skills. Because there's alot of delicate soldering involved. Heck... the vast majority of 360 modders can't even install a Globe, NME, etc. So how do you think doing this would be any easier for them.

It's because of comments exactly like that which you make as to why I asked how YOU did it... if you have. I'm not looking for a guide. I've already got one. And I've already looked into how to do it. I've been installing (soldering) mod chips for others since they were released for the original Playstation. I know how delicate you have to be.

What it all boils down to is the way you keep giving generic answers to other people advising them to "just change your key". That gives a definate impression that you really haven't done it yourself. There is alot of work involved. And considerering the Infectus2 hasn't even been released yet, and when they are the first batch is already spoken for, means people would have to get the old chip PLUS the add on which will make twice as much work.

And advising people to "get a friends key" is just plain STUPID. Think about it. This key is what's used to go by when banning a console. Obviously MS can detect any key at any time when you're logged on.

I don't care if there is a person or 2 doing it now and getting away with it. It doesn't matter. Just this past spring people were getting away with non-stealth backups on LIVE. And look what happened. MS is banning consoles now.

Two same keys on 2 different consoles on 2 different ip addresses = easiest way possible to be flagged by MS(a.k.a. STUPID IDEA)

The only safe way to do this would be to own the second key... period.

Also you keep mentioning a "key generator". How about posting a link to where you're getting this info. I've been following the progress for awhile and have yet to read about this. So I'd like to read about this.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  13. madisonx

madisonx Member

Lolololol! Wow, dude I don't even have time to respond to all poop that just come from your PC. You're talking about soldering chips,lol. I don't know what you think you need to solder in order to change you key but you should put down the soldering iron and do some more reading. Peace.

14. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Typical response from someone who's been caught in a lie. Thanks for proving your full of BULLSHIT. Hey, if you really want to try and impress people with your lies, maybe it's you who should actually do some reading first. How do you think you'd be able to gain access to the cpu without some sort of mod chip? That's why you wouldn't post how you changed your key. Because you didn't and you have no clue how to really do it and what is involved. You probally just watched that YouTube clip and thought that was it.

And I'm not trying to pick a fight with you personally. The problem I have is useless members coming here and spreading crap. There are members who will not know what is really going on. They'll see your lies, and start wasting time and money getting stuff together only to realize they have no clue how to do this, or end up frying their console. Here's a little bit of what's involved... seeing how you're too lazy to actually read up on what you want to pretend to know so much about.

Go ahead... tell me again how this process is just as easy as flashing a dvd drive...

Downgrading the Xbox360

Introduction

During the boot process the 360 performs several checks on the contents of the flash to prevent us from downgrading it and exploiting vulnerable versions of the Hypervisor to obtain the “per box” CPU keys. Using the Infectus and some simple software tools we can defeat one of the checks (the 2BL authentication hash) and boot the original launch day version of the XBox software.

Downgrading is a two stage process, first a “downgrader” flash image is created by combining data from a dump of your current, working, XBox flash and a set of original 2.0.1888 files (these can be found in “the usual places”). The Kernel is to be downgraded to 2.0.1888 and it is necessary to recreate the 2.0.1888 Filesystem.

Once an image has been created and loaded into the 360’s flash the Downgrader application is used to search for a “good” 2BL hash that satisfies the 360 and allows us to load the old firmware. You may then update your console to a vulnerable version (4532 or 4548) and obtain the CPU keys for your Xbox.
    Before You Begin…
    You will need the following:

1) Xbox360 with Infectus chip and addon interface installed, infectus software version XXX
    2) The Degraded Application (Degraded.exe) in a directory on your HDD
    3) The Downgrade Tool (iDGTool.exe, Infectus.dll and SiUSBXp.dll) in a directory on your HDD
    4) The 360 NAND Tool, version 0.87
    5) The contents of the original 2.0.1888 filesystem, unpack the file 1888.FS.rar to a directory on your hard drive (get it in “the usual places”).
    6) A dump of your Xbox Flash obtained using the Infectus chip.

Items 2, 3 and 4 can be downloaded from the infectus website.

Optional: Remove R6T3 resistor. Not for the average user, the resistor is small and difficult to handle, you may damage your XBox. Blowing a new fuse is not a problem, but if you plan to upgrade several time for experiments and you wish to remove it do so with care.

Installing the Addon
    [​IMG]
    You should follow the normal Infectus install with addition of a wire from point 0 on the Infectus PCB to the JTAG Reset point (marked REST). The POST port connections 0-7 should be connected via the infectus Addon (or homebrew level shifter) to Infectus Pins 10-17

Creating the “Downgradable” Image
    To create the “downgrader” image start the Degraded tool:
    [​IMG]
    First, click the “Settings” button and verify the following:

1) 1BL Key is “DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA”
    2) 1888 File System is the directory where you unpacked the 1888.FS.rar file.
    3) File System Start should be set to 39

[​IMG]
    Next, load your flash dump by clicking the “…” button and selecting the file, the Degraded tool will display information extracted from the dump.

To create the “downgrader” image click on the “Build Downgrader Image” button and select a directory and filename to save the “downgrader”. Exit the Degraded tool.

You should now load the “downgrader” image into your 360’s flash using the Infectus tools.
    Searching for the 2BL Hash

To run the downgrade tool you should copy the “downgrader” image generated previously to the directory on your HDD where the Downgrade Tool was copied.

1. Start a command prompt and ‘cd’ to the directory where the Downgrade Tool is located.
    2. Run the Downgrade Tool at the command prompt
    3. Power on the Xbox and wait for the RRoD
    4. Press a key to begin the process.
    5. Wait approximately 1 hour while the search algorithm does its thing

The Downgrade Tool requires a minimum of 2 command line parameters:

iDGTool SS File

Where SS is the number of attempts to measure the hash timing and should be set to 1
    and File is the “downgrader” image generated previously. The Downgrade Tool will examine the “downgrader” image and begin the process of searching for the correct CB hash. The Downgrade Tool outputs information as it runs:

"Downgrader" File 1888G.raw

Pairing Data 0x38695E 02
    H[16 00000000000000000000000000000000]
    Initial Hash:
    H[0 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
    Turn on your Xbox, press any key when the RRoD starts
    H[0 00XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] M 17846 A 17844 D 3 : 0 NEXT
    H[0 01XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] M 17843 A 17843 D 0 : 0 NEXT
    H[0 02XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] M 17846 A 17844 D 3 : 0 NEXT
    H[0 03XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] M 17847 A 17844 D 3 : 0 NEXT
    H[0 04XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] M 17839 A 17843 D 0 : 0 NEXT
    H[0 05XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] M 17842 A 17843 D 0 : 0 NEXT
    H[0 06XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX] M 17847 A 17843 D 4 : 0 NEXT

The information displayed is:

1. The index into the hash currently being tested and the hash written to the flash.
    2. The timing measurement for this hash.
    3. The average timing measurement for this hash index
    4. The difference between the measurement and the average.
    5. A “confidence” figure
    6. The search algorithms decision on the candidate byte.

The process will continue until the correct hash is found and then stop and report “BOOT”

Unfortunately, things go wrong sometimes and the process may be interrupted.

Very occasionally a correct byte is missed, the search algorithm will cycle through all 256 possible candidate bytes until it finds the correct one or it is stopped.

If the process is interrupted before it is completed you can restart at that point with 2 extra command line parameters:

iDGTool SS File X YY…YY

Where X is the number of known hash bytes and YY…YY are the bytes themselves. If the last guess before the process was interrupted is:

H[8 4F700DF50BB8B8EF22XXXXXXXXXXXXXX] M 17933 A 17932 D 1 : 0 NEXT

Then 8 bytes (4F700DF50BB8B8EF) have been found and the command line parameters:

iDGTool 1 1888G.raw 8 4F700DF50BB8B8EF

Will restart the process at the point where it was interrupted.

"Downgrader" File 1888G.raw

Pairing Data 0x38695E 02
    H[16 00000000000000000000000000000000]
    Initial Hash:
    H[8 4F700DF50BB8B8EFXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
    Turn on your Xbox, press any key when the RRoD starts

Even more occasionally an incorrect candidate byte will be selected, this will be quite obvious for 2 reasons

1. The algorithm will loop for ever, never finding another correct candidate.
    2. There will be a large number of large negative measurements and the average will fall by 10 to 11 units.

Interrupt the process and restart it, use the command line options to restart the process. In this case we want to go back 1 byte in the hash and try to guess it again. Reduce the number of guessed hash bytes by 1 (the X in the line H[X …) and restart.
    Finally
    Your Xbox should now boot and prompt you to select your language etc etc. You should obtain and apply an update that contains a vulnerable kernel (4532 or 4548) and obtain your CPU fuse data.

There is a final step to the process to cleanup and stealth the downgrade. The CB section will still contain a “suspicious” version lockdown number and once the CPU fuse data is available this should be fixed using the NAND flash dump tool. You can do this one of 2 ways:

1) Patch the CB version lock down to 0 in your new, vulnerable image or, better
    2) Increment 1 or both (if both are present) of the the CF lock down counters by 1 in your original flash image (the 4532 update will blow another eFuse). Reflash your Xbox.

Unless you have applied the maximum number of updates (and blown as many eFuses as possible) removing R6T3 is NOT recommended for the average user. It’s small and difficult to work with and damage may result.
    Known Problems
    Sometimes the Downgrader Tool will hang when it starts, this appears to be due to the Infectus being in a strange state. Power off the Xbox, remove the USB cable from the Infectus, remove and then replace the Xbox power cable, replace the Infectus USB cable and try again.