1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got it to work, but I have another problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by igloo9, Jun 20, 2007.

1. igloo9

igloo9 Member

Ok, on my other thread I had that problem, my backup didnt work because it was a .nrg file. I turned it into an .mds and it worked! But now I have one more problem...

The game is a pal game, right? I dont know if it matters, but the game is black and white, and part of the screen is cut off. It loads up fine and everything, but thats the only problem.

How do I put the screen back to normal and give it color? Should I burn at a slower speed or something?

My ps2 is a slim, one of the latest ones. I use Swap magic.

Let me know, thanks.

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

The game is PAL and your TV is probably NTSC. You need to patch it somehow. However, since it is an .nrg/.mds file, you can't patch it because the patcher requires an ISO file. So try backing it up with DVD Decrypter. Or, you can force the TV mode. Swap magic let's you force a certain region color on games. So, you can make a PAL game look like an NTSC game. The downside is, that when you force a region, the game is usually offscreen. So if you have an option to change the screen position, use it!