1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i got magic 3.1 and want to use codes on backup games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gmensnake, Mar 19, 2004.

1. gmensnake

gmensnake Guest

is it possible???i have a magic 3.1 and when i switch the gameshark disc with my backup game, the screen either freezes or goes to black!!!!! i dunno whats wrong, the games work fine when im not using codes. what am i doing wrong. can someone explain the whole process step by step to me???? thanks.

2. benagain

benagain Regular member

Well I don't think it can be done. I also have a magic 3.1 and I've tried it and tried it and I can't get it to happen. I think the reason it doesn't work is that the chip is supposed to go to 'sleep' after a few seconds of being on. This is long enough to load a backup and play it, but it's not long enough to load Gameshark and then swap it for a backup. By the time you are able to swap the disk the chip is off. I just can't seem to get it to work, but you are welcome to keep trying. If you are able to, please let us know.

3. gmensnake

gmensnake Guest

which version gameshark do u have. i have action replay and it doesnt work. i have heard from some people at other message boards that it can be done using gameshark ver 4 or action replay max. i m not sure tho. lets just keep tryin.

4. gmensnake

gmensnake Guest

okay i found on another sites message board that a guy copied his gameshark or action replay disc and the backups work perfectly with the codes on !!!! strange, but maybe putting a backup of a gameshark will keep the modchip on. its worth a try benagin.

5. Insaniac

Insaniac Member

If you listen carefully to whenever you insert a backup in the tray, about 5 seconds after you insert the disk, you will hear the laser basically 'lock' onto what it needs to load.

It makes a slight 'mechanical' noise which is pretty audible when looking for it.

you need to press X BEFORE that you hear that noise.

6. gmensnake

gmensnake Guest

thanks insaniac, ill try that. have u tried it urself???

7. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

I have a PS2 version 4 with magic 3.1 and a back up version of gameshark 2 version 3 and codes work fine with back uped games. Sometimes it freezes but rarely what i do is keep hitting x. The codes also work on Version 2 gameshark 2 when I had it.

8. gmensnake

gmensnake Guest

awesome, thanks ps2mania, theres still hope for me and benagin, lol. if u dont mind, can u please explain ur whole procedure step by step, like for example when u put the disc inside and etc. thanks a whole bunch if u do :)

9. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

For Gameshark 2 ver. 3 it says start game then the disc tray pops out and i put the back up in and hit x and it should load and hit x alot, but sometime that might not work and you have to put the cd in and press the insert button and wait about 8-15 secs to hit start. Sometimes it takes more then 1 try.

10. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

Oh and if it goes black it could mean there is an invalid code input and the game cannot start. So only try with 1 code enabled and see if that works.

11. gmensnake

gmensnake Guest

okay thanks a whole lot. :) one last question. what application did u use to burn ur gameshark disc. thanks a bunch.

12. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

I just would use the original. It should work. Also i used clone cd.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 version 4
    magic 3.1
    sony vaio 2.0 ghz
    532 ddr ram
    70 gigs
    pioneer dvr 104
    ritek and store media[/small]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2004
  13. gmensnake

gmensnake Guest

thanks man. i owe you one.