1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i got my games to work!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by )v(3thuD, Oct 1, 2004.

1. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Well im sorry to everyone for my complaints on my games not booting on the Ritek G04, well tonight i said what the heck im going in and gonna try cleaning lens i got a q-tip, but i also notied the lil white thing that raises the lens well the tiny hole wasn't lined up to wher it was supposed to be, so i put it back to original spot, closed up my PS2 did the swapmagic and swapped with madden and it booted! I duno if it was lens dirty or it being at wrong height, but it booted, altho the game loads slow, but im happy to know these Ritek G04 arn't trash like i was beginning to think.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

congratation on getting your ps2 to work.. lol ritek is a good dvd, retek is a second class dvd.

3. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Onlything is maddenand def jam NY skips like crazy and slow, i burnt em both at 2 x cuz the Ritek don't have 1x, if i choose 1x my burner will make it go at 4x.

Is there anything i can do to resolve this? Read the iso from em and burn with another sofware than DVD Decrypter, or do some editing patching in the iso? Im happy there bootin but a shame not really any fun when they are skiping alot, somtimes freezing, dvd loader also works now but that didn't help the game, i know there not mentioend for it on swapmagic.com but i still try anyway.

4. cdub998

cdub998 Member

Also have you tried updating your firmware on your dvd burner? My def jam fight for ny was skipping on my ritek g04s so I went to the plextor website and the firmware update said. Improves writing to ritek dvd-r's. Updated that thing and no more skipping.

5. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Hmm, intresting, what burner do you have? I got the LiteOn SOHW812s with stock firmware, is it somewhat safe to do this procedure to update the firmware? I don't wanna damage it but i want games to run good on these disk since so far my only 2 backups on these both skip, somtimes freez, so i don't want future backups to continue like that on these g04's

Since my burner is a differnt brand i duno if it even nessesary to do it, Ritek is listed as compatable for my burner on the box, but i duno bout G04, i duno, i just don't wanna regret doing updating it