1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got The Latest (So Called Fixed) Slim ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Xenokai, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

ok me and my bro both have ps2's his messed up send his to best buy got a voucher had to wait till (today) for sony to bring them out again (all the older slim's where recalled well thats what ebgames told me cause of not playing ps1 games and some would overheat) anyway finnaly after 3 weeks of waiting for sony's new version or fixes my bro got it i hooked it up i put in the net disk that comes with it just to check for demo's and nope so i take it out and notice it have some scracths on the disc where the eye hit it O.O but after i played a movie on it <burnt copy of the grudge> it played but the ps2 seemed very hot after which isnt good >.> and i noticed it is very cheaply made it wont last long but guess gotta make due the point is tho sony's older ps2's where made like crap and the new one are even worse i guess they know people will buy more and more cause we all love the game's <i hate the system and love the game> anyway the modul on it was SCPH-70012cb/97003

2. KainX

KainX Guest

mine isn't like that

3. jrbooey

jrbooey Guest

mine neither, i got mine modded, and its been problem free working beautifully....even for up to 6-8 hours non stop!

4. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

exactly as jrbooey said. same thing i did, and its running flawlessly

5. pretense

pretense Regular member

What's the date code on that console, Xeno? My 5A works just fine with minimal heat after hours of play with original DVD/music/game discs. I don't understand why yours is scratching your discs, either, since I don't have any such issues with mine on any of the aforementioned discs. I haven't been able to test any backups yet.

And in any case, from what I understand, the whole recall rumor is balderdash. Sony explicitly denied every recalling any of the slim consoles. As far as I know, the so-called "fixed newer model" is only a rumor as well; Sony never officially said anything about fixing the laser, since it never admitted it was defective to begin with. Moreover, all unit production is done by third parties in factories in China now. For all I know, my supposed "new and improved" 5A model may be just as defective as before; however, I haven't had any problems just yet with original discs or backup music CDs.

6. KCJester

KCJester Member

i like my v4 just fine

7. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

they didnt confirm it cause there reputation would go down alot and the new one are newer moduls and there was a recall but sence it didnt take but only like 3 weeks they didnt have to announce it