1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i got this amd x2 3800+ dual core cpu w/ dell C521 motherboard and want to

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rockinpsp, Feb 26, 2007.

1. rockinpsp

rockinpsp Guest

put it into a pentium3 atx 350watt tower.my main ? is if i hook up this board to a 350watt or 400watt power suppy will it be alright????i was thining about takeing a cross over cable and hooking it up to my old compaq desktop, and booting windows xp from there.or takeing and buying addatapter for usb2.0 hard drive and putting winxp pro on to the hd.and booting it that way.

so what do you guys think???

will a 350watt or a 400watt atx power suppy work with this board??

which is the best way to boot by network or by usb drive????

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

It should work fine with a 350/400W PSU.

And I think the best way to boot would be by a direct harddrive.

For a network you can ghost over a full install onto a small HDD. Or if by USB make sure the drive is a real drive and not just some little USB key.

3. rockinpsp

rockinpsp Guest

will a

king yes
    international c.o. ltd

ac input 115/230V , 6/3a, 50 HZ

dc output kyp-420 atx 320watt

+5=25a , +12=10a, -5=0.5a, -12=0.5a, +3.3v=28a, +5vsb=2a.

power suppy work??

and i will be useing a usb to ide connector for a dvd-+rw drive and a 200Gb maytor ide hard drive. i am thinking about doing aclean intall of windows xp pro. on the hd. i have a hd with windows xp pro onto it, windows xp pro. on it can i just hook up that hd, with out loseing any data:(????

4. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

That'll depend. You can take that HDD and use it normally on only the computer you have installed Windows with. But you should be able to go onto the HDD and use info, documents, and MP3's, Programs. Some stuff might not work right if you try to run Windows from the drive with a different computer.

EDIT:

And that PSU will be fine unless you want to use a high end video card(7600GT and up or X1600XT and up) or lots of drives.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007