1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got two Xbox 360's

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Rdrgz, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

Ok I just got another 360 and now I want one to mod. I like the idea of backing up my originals so they stay nice and shiney in the cases I get them in ^_^ So I know there is several ways to do it, flashing the DVD drive, but I'm leaning towards the Blaster 360 and Xeno Top Gear. Any one have feedback on these?? Which one is better, do they both allow a successful flash of a Hitachi drive, which I happen to have. I also wanted to know if it was possible to use these to backup the originals instead of taking out the 360 DVD drive and rigging it up to my pc. Well if anyone has the answers I would really appreciate the reply thank you.

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

dont buy either one of those, there more trouble than there worth.
    just flash your drive and be done with it, buy a samsung drive flashed with kreon to make your backups with in stead of the 360 drive, you can buy it with the money you will save from not buying those crap add ons.
    i know people say thay want those things so they dont have to take the case apart again to update the firmware but you wont have to reflash it that often, maybe once or twive a year.

3. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

i should just do it the manual way then, just taking it apart and connecting via sata card on pc? One thing though...do I have to get a specific sata card..or can it just be like the sata connectors on my pc's mobo?

4. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

depends on the drive in your 360.
    google textbooks guide and follow it, it is very easy to mod your console if you follow it.
    you can find it here. click on textbook.2008.pdf

5. steimy

steimy Active member

The only real reason to buy either of those products is for future flashing. They will save you the trouble of having to open the console up every time.

But unless problems or bannings occure the flashes are not coming very often these days, plus updating them is a personal choice. And if the modding console is not going to be used on XBL then there is no reason to update.

6. Rdrgz

Rdrgz Regular member

Thanks for the pdf fudpucker...seems a lil complicated but since you said that there will be only a couple of times i have to flash i think its worth it. The only concern i have is that my sata connections on my pc wont work but it says most will work for the hitachi drive. I'll give a go and see what i come out with.