1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"I HACKED A PS2 WITHOUT BUYING A THING"

Discussion in 'PS2' started by blackleaf, May 28, 2007.

1. blackleaf

blackleaf Member

HEY WHATS GUY IM NEW TO THESE FORUMS BUT YUP I HACKED A PS WITHOUT BUYING A DAM THING ALL I USED WAS A SCREWDRIVER AND SOME TAPE

2. juds382

juds382 Member

Could you explain to me how you did it? I don't want to buy a thing either, lol. Nice one, Are you people 15 years old?edited by ddp.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  3. ps2wizz

ps2wizz Regular member

dont belive u

4. 5h4d0wXXX

5h4d0wXXX Member

lol hes talking about the tape and tissue mod for the slim that lets you have the lid open while the ps2 thinks its closed so you dont need anything to play backups of ps1 games

5. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, but even with that you still need swap magic to play PS2 games. This post is a complete waste. If your going to mod to play back ups then don't be a cheap-o. Do it right the first time with a top quality mod chip.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

blackleaf, knock off the caps lock as is a forum rule no no.

juds382, no email posting as per forum rules, post edited

7. joshont

joshont Regular member

well you could do the tape mod that 5h4d0wXXX was talking about and do it with PS1 games, just put in a regular ps1 disc and after it loads the sony logos you just swap the disc with a burnt disc and it plays, but its not possible on ps2 games that i know of

8. blackleaf

blackleaf Member

there is a program that lets you patch a ps2 game before you burn a copy(there is no need for a swapkit) and the hole point of haking is to not buy a dam thing wheres the fun in going online and buying a kit?

9. juds382

juds382 Member

What's the name of this patcher?

10. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Yes Blackleaf, what's the name of that patcher?
    Me smells a fish

11. shabi-ul

shabi-ul Regular member

blackleaf taking time to think of a good name for a patcher :p

12. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

If this a joke, I bet he will give the name, but no info where to get it. Then comes the question of where to get it, the there will be the bogus link and the "oh the server must be down".

But if this if for real, keep your head down from Sony LOL

13. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

HAHA nice one ddp!

14. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Methinks he's lying, but lets not jump to conclusions... I smells a rat though.

15. blackleaf

blackleaf Member

Yeah yeah you caught me dam..... well I guess your all going to have to go and buy a swap kit. Anyway yeah go to this site and do a little research of your own slackers

16. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

So all you used was a screwdriver and some tape, nothing else, right?

Now you claim that there is a program to patch a PS2 image file before burning. And I can already foresee your rebutall, "oh, but that is on the computer, not the PS2. those are two separate things", so don't waste our time.

LOL nice try.

Slapping a label on those who simply question you, how childish.

I checked out the link you provided, and the only thing you would need is the PS2 Utility Disc. Quoting the description from the website: "Universal PS2 Swap Trick Patcher makes it possible to play PS2 backup games using the swap trick CD method using the PS2 Utility Disc V1.00/1.01.".

However, the PS2 Utility Disc comes with the 40GB HDD, and that you have to buy. Unless you can order the disc for free from Sony like I did for my PS2 Network Setup Disc for the PS2 Network Adaptor.

Although, one look at the contents of that download, the Universal PS2 Swap Trick Patcher, and the details on the files under the Date Modified column reveals the dates to be 5/13/2000 to 5/15/2000.

So, you start a new thread attempting to fool anyone into believing that you have discovered a new hack for the PS2, which is already known, then you claim the existence of a patching program, which has already been available for over 7 years!

Not only that, but you never mentioned if it was either CD or DVD based (or both) for what you got to work, no mention whatsoever of the game or games that you supposedly got to work, and no mention of what brand of blank CD or DVD media that you supposedly used. Here's a life lesson for all, when it lacks in detail, it lacks in truth.

Therefore, I do not believe you.

17. xangma

xangma Member

Don't see anything about DVDs there though.

18. steimy

steimy Active member

There are ways to mod a PS2 to play PS1 and PS2 CD based games that just uses common things most people have. But not for PS2 DVD based games.
    And blackleaf, you can call people anything you want but some of us have been doing this stuff for a long time, and we now crap when we smell it. And your standing in it about waiste deep.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  19. xangma

xangma Member

So what games are CD based? How would I go about running them?

20. steimy

steimy Active member

you have to check on the games cover, i do not have a list of which games are CD based and which are DVD based. There are plenty of sites out there that carry PS2 game covers and you can use those.
    Also since i have a mod chip i do not have to worry about outher methods. But the last i knoew it was by using Gameshark V2 and an original game and doing some sort of swap trick with them.