1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I had a problem with The Console Corner.com

Discussion in 'PS2' started by XxMM818X, Jan 14, 2003.

1. XxMM818X

XxMM818X Member

I ORDERED A MAGIC 3.5 FROM THOSE xxxxxx AND TOOK IT 2 BE INSALLED BUT THEY SAID THAT THIS CHIP WON'T WORK.

Please watch your language in your topic & post. Also no ALL CAPS WRITING it is a violation of forum rules. I will give you a chance to edit your post.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2003
  2. mswanson

mswanson Guest

I dunno, I ordered from them 2 weeks ago and received my chip right away. Installed it and works great. Haven't tested a dvd-r yet but my ps1 backups play no problem. No affiliation.. just a satisfied customer. Hard to beat the price too.. I think I paid around $50 for the magic 3.5 shipped.

3. Revolver

Revolver Member

Yup, same problem. It was a nightmare, the
    clip just sucks. and finally when all the connections were verified, still dvd-r wouldn't work. Even my originals were freezing up. After all that messing even opening up my dvd drive it think i hurt the drive. I had go to someone and have the thing chipped with a Magic 3.1.
    by games booted up after that.....

4. joc_06

joc_06 Member

I ordered a magic 3.5 from em on 28th dec. Got it da 13th(im in ireland). Installed and everything seems ok- plays my originals perfect but not my backup of Two Towers- Im fairly sure this isn't the fault of the chip though cas im gettin a read error in nero. I think yere problem is with da magic 3 code itself and not the console corner (it has bugs which can be corrrected by usin a switch to turn it off)

5. joc_06

joc_06 Member

6. mswanson

mswanson Guest

Just a further update on my experience with the-console-corner.com

I can now verify that dvd-r backups work just fine with their chip. Also, he offered a reduced price on the upgrade from Magic 3.5 to 3.6 which I received quickly (I upgraded as I was having lockup problems due to overheating). Again, no affiliation... I just hate to see a vendor get bashed when there are examples of good transactions out there.

7. spunjee

spunjee Guest

I am confused so it someone could please clarify for me. I purchased my Magic 3.6 chip from the-console-corner.com and it has never worked (as in, my PS2 still works, connections are ok, but will not play backups). Is this place a scam? He has offered to replace the chip if I send it back, but will I just get another non-working device?

On another note, does someone know where I could get a CD to verify installation of a ModChip?

8. supra

supra Member

The Console Corner is a one-man show and a crook basically.
    Took my payment, then after 2 weeks when I inquired about it, he claimed he was backordered.
    Another week and he said it was shipped.
    It has now been 40 days and now he says he doesn't carry the product anymore.
    He will not refund me!
    This guy also had a lousy reputation on Ebay as well and got kicked off...
    Do not deal with this guy.

9. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

This is why aD does not allow personal sales/install service here on the board. aD does have a site that it endorses

http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/easybuy2/t.asp?id=5918

I am also currently working on trying to get 1 member who has proven themself to be helpful and knowledgable, who does installs, sales and service. As a second option for forum members to go to.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2003
  10. spunjee

spunjee Guest

update from me:
    I took apart my PS2v7 at a last attempt to get the damn Magic 3.6 chip working. I did it.. I feel like it's my birthday! It seems the problem I had is that I was testing the clip improperly. When the clip is tested while the modchip installation is complete, every connection will light, indicating the clip is making the needed connections. If you unplug the cable from the clip, you will get a more accurate test.
    So although the tech support and customer service sucked from aforementioned dealer, the product was delivered as promised.
    I hope this helps someone out.

11. T-Minus10

T-Minus10 Regular member

Got a 3.6 quickly and it worked. Had some problems which I resolved on my own. Tech support didn't help

Who I CAN vouch for is XTeamMods (@hotmail/aim/msn) I talked to whoever's behind that and they were VERY helpful about getting my chip fixed which they did not install. I would say that anyone needing an install go to them.