1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate EA Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Oner, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Since day one I have always had problems with them (yes even moderators can't figure everything out) and I have 2 that are simply pissing me off! So after trying a few different things including searching/following options here I have to post....Fifa 07 and NCAA MVP 07 Baseball, anyone got any suggestions or tutorials? God I hate EA games....

2. dazila

dazila Regular member

Rebuild the Ea Games;

Download Gnies Reb Tool
    Select the iso
    extract the lba extract the iso,it takes some time
    then click rebuild lba the rebuild iso you get an iso which will work there are some rebuilding guides around they might help more but for some reason I cant find the one where I learnt how to do it anyways its one with images for every step but it isnt too hard Ive already said the way there is nothing more to it then time and alot of room on your PC have 20gb spare cause you need the original iso then an extracted iso and then the rebuilt one adn you arent allowed to delete any until the process is done.
    Good Luck!
    EA games do suck for burning its mainly the sports ones never had trouble with 007 games.

3. Oner

I need more info than that as I don't know

1) which option to select under plugins (ps2_afs.epi, Shrinker_ps2_psp etc.)

2) I tried Shrinker but when I went to do the next step

it messed up and I cant select the extracted file to retry a different option.

That is the only program I haven't tried (gnie) so I am hoping that will be the lucky one.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Gnie would be the easy way to go. I have never used it so i can not do the tutorial. With a modchip you never need to rebuild.

but here are two ways to manually do it. If you have Nero then it would be very easy as long as you have no single files that are over 2GB

Rebuilding an ISO
    If you have ISO Buster and Nero: by MinnWild at modchipzone
    Step 1.
    Decrypt the ps2 game to your hard drive using dvd decryptor.

Step 2.
    Open up Isobuster and load in the image file.

Step 3.
    Hold shift and highlight all the game files and put them in a folder.

Step 4.
    Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop all the game files into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Just keep Isobuster open as a reference when you do this. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.

Step 5.
    Name the image and burn it at 4x.

Step 6.
    Presto, you've rebuilt and burned a PS2 game. Play it.

Note:
    Some games have dummy files in them.(ie. guilty gear, spider-man 2). They are used to beef up the size of the image and to copy-protect the game. Burning games with the dummy files left unchanged will result in a game that does not boot (using swap magic anyway). To remedy this annoyance follow these fun steps. Make sure you create an ISO for the game on your hard drive before you start using DVD Decrypter or other burning program. Also create a empty folder on your hard drive for the new files. Also keep ISO Buster open the whole time as you will need it for the last steps.

Step 1.
    Open up ISO Buster and select-> File, Open Image, and then browse for the ISO you have created on your hard drive. Next click on the first file in the list on the right side of the screen, then hold down shift and click on the last file so that all of the files are highlighted. Continue to hold shift and right click on the highlighted area and select the Extract Objects option and then choose the folder on your hard drive to save it to.

Step 2.
    Create a new text file. Open it and press the space bar once, then choose save as. Browse for the files you just extracted and click on one of the garbage files so it takes the same name. Then when it asks if you want to overwrite the existing file say YES. Repeat this for each Garbage or Dummy file.

4. Now that you have replaced them all you can use either Nero or CDVDGEN or another program (ISO Buster may have this option) to take those files and create a new ISO to burn. You must drop and drag the files into the program in the same order that they are in ISO Buster (this is why you kept it open)

5.Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop all the game files into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.
    6. Now just burn the new ISO.

With ISO Buster and CD/DVDGEN: From Afterdawn.com

YOU MUST HAVE DVD Decrypter, CDVDGEN, AND ISOBUSTER INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER.

1) COPY THE PS2 GAME DVD TO YOUR HARD DRIVE AS AN ISO IMAGE.
    a)OPEN DVD Decrypter.
    b)IN THE DESTINATION AREA, CLICK ON THE FOLDER ICON TO CHOOSE BOTH A NAME AND A STORAGE LOCATION FOR THE ISO IMAGE.
    c)CLICK ON MODE > ISO > READ.
    d)CLICK ON THE DVD ICON TO START THE PROCESS.
    e)WAIT UNTIL THE PROCESS IS FINISHED THEN CLOSE DECRYPTER AND GO TO STEP 2.

2) EXTRACT THE FILES FROM THE ISO IMAGE.
    a) CREATE A NEW FOLDER ON YOUR HARD DRIVE TO STORE THE
    EXTRACTED FILES.
    b) OPEN ISO BUSTER AND CLICK ON FILE > OPEN IMAGE FILE.
    c) NAVIGATE TO THE ISO FILE CREATED IN STEP 1 AND CLICK ON “OPEN”.
    d) HOLD THE CONTROL KEY ON YOUR KEYBOARD AND LEFT CLICK
    EVERY FILE AND FOLDER IN THE LIST.
    e) ONCE ALL THE FILES ARE HIGHLIGHTED, RIGHT CLICK ON ONE OF THEM AND CLICK ON “EXTRACT OBJECTS”.
    f) NAVIGATE TO THE NEW FOLDER THAT YOU CREATED ON YOUR
    HARD DRIVE AND CLICK “OK”.
    g) WAIT FOR THE PROCESS TO FINISH THEN CLOSE ISOBUSTER.

3) CONVERT THE EXTRACTED FILES INTO 2 BIN FILES.

a) OPEN CDVDGEN.
    b) SELECT “CREATE NEW PROJECT” AND THEN SELECT “DVD-ROM
    MASTER DISC”. DRAG CDVDGEN TO THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR
    SCREEN.
    c) NAVIGATE TO THE FOLDER THAT YOU CREATED ON YOUR HARD
    DRIVE BACK IN STEP 2 AND OPEN IT ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF YOUR SCREEN.
    d) SET THE WIDTH OF THAT WINDOW SO THAT IT IS ONLY 1 FILE WIDE. THIS WILL PLACE THE FILES INTO THE SAME ORDER AS THEY WERE ON THE GAME DISK BUT YOU SHOULD CHECK THEM FOR CORRECT ORDER JUST IN CASE.
    e) CLICK ON EDIT > SELECT ALL.
    f) DRAG ALL THE FILES INTO THE RIGHT SIDE OF CDVDGEN.
    g) LOOK FOR A SLUS OR SLES FILE AND WRITE DOWN THE FULL NAME AND THEN CLICK ON THE “VOLUME” TAB IN CDVDGEN.
    h)TYPE SLUS OR SLES (WHICHEVER YOUR FILE NAME IS) INTO THE 1ST BOX NEAR "DISC NAME"
    i) TYPE ALL OF THE NUMBERS FROM YOUR FILE NAME, WITHOUT THE PERIOD, INTO THE 2ND BOX.
    j) TYPE PLAYSTATION FOR THE PRODUCER NAME AND SELECT THE APPROPRIATE LICENSE AREA.
    k)CLICK ON "REC...".
    l)SELECT YOUR DESIRED STORAGE LOCATION AND NAME THE FILE STAR.IML
    m)YOU WILL GET 2 ERRORS, JUST CLICK OK FOR BOTH.
    n)THE RECORDING SCREEN WILL POP UP, CLICK ON FILE > EXPORT IMAGE AND SAVE IT ON ONE OF YOUR HARD DRIVES (NOT IN A FOLDER) NAME IT STAR.LST
    o) WHEN IT'S FINISHED, YOU WILL HAVE 2 FILES NAMED STAR.000 AND STAR.001
    p)CLOSE CDVDGEN AND GO TO STEP 4.

4) MERGE THE .000 AND .001 FILES INTO A SINGLE ISO IMAGE.
    THE EASIEST WAY TO MERGE THE FILES IS FROM A COMMAND SCREEN.
    YOU WON'T HAVE TO INSTALL AN EXTRA PROGRAM THAT MAY NEED
    EXTRA FILES TO WORK AND COME ON, ADMIT IT, DOS IS SO MUCH FUN!!
    a)CLICK THE WINDOWS START BUTTON AND CLICK ON RUN.
    b)TYPE CMD IN THE BOX AND HIT ENTER.
    c)CHANGE THE DIRECTORY TO MATCH WHERE YOUR STAR.000 AND STAR.001
    FILES ARE STORED.
    EXAMPLE- IF THEY ARE ON THE C DRIVE, TYPE CD C:\ AND HIT ENTER.
    IF THEY ARE ON ANOTHER DRIVE, TYPE THE DRIVE LETTER WITH A COLON AND HIT ENTER.
    d)ONCE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT DIRECTORY-
    TYPE COPY/B STAR.000 + STAR.001 STAR.ISO AND THEN HIT ENTER.
    e)WHEN IT'S FINISHED YOU WILL HAVE A NEW ISO IMAGE NAMED STAR.ISO THAT YOU CAN NOW BURN IN STEP 5.

5) BURN THE NEW ISO IMAGE ONTO A BLANK DVD.
    USE YOUR FAVORITE DVD BURNING UTILITY TO BURN IT AT THE
    SLOWEST SPEED.

CD/DVDGEN
    1.start cdvdgen, click on create new project, ok,
    2.choose dvd-rom master disc/ ok
    3.go to your hard drive and create a folder that you will save some files in
    4.when the window opens then open up ISO Buster
    5.go to file, open image file, and browse for the ISO you want
    6.once you have added the ISO the click on the first file in the list on the right side, then hold shift and click on the last file so that they are all highlighted
    7.continue to hold shift key and right click on the highlighted area and choose extract objects and browse for the file you created to save them in. keep ISO buster open when it is done extracting because you will need it to see the correct file order.
    8.drag and drop the files that you extracted to the right hand pane of the cdvdgen window in the same order that they were in, in isobuster, (note how the files in cdvdgen are in the same order as in isobuster)
    9.then click the "volume" button and choose a licence area, and fill in the "disc name" with your disc id # (the SLUS and number that follows it), put playstation in the producer name and the disc id again in the "volume" part of the volume identifier.
    10.now click the record button.
    11.a window will pop up asking you for save details, fill them in as required and click on save, you will most likely get two error messages "the recording unit is not connected" & "initialization failed"
    12.just click on ok on both of them, then the recording unit controller will pop up, go to file, choose export image
    13.now fill in the save details again.
    14.you will then have a "image creating" window and you will let it finish. Then you click ok
    15.You now need to use the ISO Builder option to rebuild your ISO. click "files" and add any files that have the name you used to save and numbers that will be something like 000, 001 etc, but not any with iml, ims or lst.
    16.then click on open. choose destination, put in the save details, then click on build. When this is done you will get a pop up telling you that your ISO has been built.
    17.now you can burn your ISO
    known issues with cdvdgen: If you can not install cdvdgen because of a dos incompatability, you need to eitther search your hard drive for autoexec.nt, or get it from the web. if you get the error message "ASPI manager loading failed", you will need the file wnaspi.dll, again you will need to search for this file on your hard drive or get it from the web. both of these files need to be put in the system32 folder that is in the windows folder.

5. Oner

See what is weird is I have a modchip (original PS2 w/ Messiah) and I even tried it on my friends (PSTwo with a modchip don't know which one) and Fifa 07 unpatched works fine on mine but won't on his but NCAA MVP 07 won't work for anything on either! I tried all of these steps

1) ISO read/write DVD Decrypter
    2) DVD Disc copy with Nero
    3) ISO > ISOBuster > Nero UDF/ISO
    4) ISO > ISOBuster > CD/DVD-ROM Gen > Apache2 > Nero
    5) Gnie Xpert v2
    6) Using ZoneLoader with all the discs above

For a total of like 10 coasters. Honestly I give up at this point it is not worth it and which is why I HATE EA games. Thanx for the help anyways guys.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  6. hursty

hursty Active member

Ea games work fine on all modchipped ps2's
    either
    you have a dodgy disk batch
    your laser is blind,or
    you have a corrupt image NCAA MVP 07
    dont know why you mentioned zoneloader?

7. Oner

Really,

1) Taiyo's, Prodisc and even Princo's were used.
    2) 2 different lasers are blind although EVERY other game I have work and my friends
    3) Original Discs were used for images EACH time
    4) Zone Loader was used just to try since it helps with swappers...

8. steimy

steimy Active member

I have not done those games myself but have done EA Sprots in the past and they never gave me a problem. My friend just got the NCAA 07 baseball(NTSC) online and played it fine with my old V5/6 that has a DMS4 Pro chip.

9. hursty

hursty Active member

Well you never mentioned anything about SM,just a modchip was mentioned,anyways
    for SM,try special boot (square)
    whats the TOC? (of the baseball game)

10. dazila

dazila Regular member

You Select Shrinker_Ps2_PSP_cddvd5
    Even though princo people say ti sucks I find it works well for most games my V3 ps2 from 01 has been using nothing but princo since 02 and still havent needed to change the laser.