1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate torrent files!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by batmn419, Mar 26, 2005.

1. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

Every time i download a torrent file alcohol 120% doesnt know how to use them. I cant find out the problem. The files are always named toorrent files are they bogus if not could you tell me how to play them.It would be a big help thanks

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

batnm419,

first, you should have posted this in the "file sharing" forum.

Second, .torrent files are simply files that you use a bittorrent (or BT) client (I use Azureus)
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/p2p_software/p2p_applications/azureus_bittorrent_client.cfm
    then, you select (double click) the .torrent file and Azureus will find the people who are sharing it and start downloading it. If you forgot to associate the .torrent extention with Azureus then do this (in Azureus):
    File -> Open -> .torrent File. Then select the torrent file (you may have to browse to the location of the torrent file). Azureus will then ask you where you want to save the file, I just select my desktop. Azureus will now find people sharing the file and begin the download.

3. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

4. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

thank u both i am greatful. If i need any more can i post you guys? Yes or No

5. batmn419

batmn419 Guest

I did what u told me but my connection failed to the internet. Azureas cant connect

6. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

Try a different torrent.
    Have you got a router?