1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have 2 questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by tytheman, Feb 2, 2005.

1. tytheman

tytheman Guest

My first question is what are xbox bios?

My second question is, is there a way to install games onto a xbox hardrive without using a mod chip?

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

BIOS=Basic Imput Output System
    the built-in software that determines what a computer can do without accessing programs from a disk. On PCs & consoles, the BIOS contains all the code required to control the keyboard, display screen, disk drives, serial communications, and a number of miscellaneous functions.
    The BIOS is typically placed in a ROM chip on the motherboard (it is often called a ROM BIOS). This ensures that the BIOS will always be available and will not be damaged by disk failures.
    you would have to do a softmod of your xbox.

3. tytheman

tytheman Guest

how do i do a softmod?

and can i download xp games from bittorrent?

and how do i burn xbox games on to my pc hardrive?

4. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

go to xbox-scene.com for all the softmodding guides. yea, you can download games (i don't know if its illegal or not but not many things in these forums talks about legal stuff anyway). burn them to your hard drive? you don't burn things to your hard drive. when you download them, they will be saved on your hard drive for you to ftp or burn as an .iso onto a disc.

5. tytheman

tytheman Guest

lol thanks i didnt mean to write burn im not that big of a noob on comps but thanks anway.