1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have a 16 X burner

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Izod, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Izod

Izod Member

i have a 16 x dvd burner and and the nero disc it came with which is nero 6.6 and im currently using dvd shrink now the problem is its goes through the burning process and i stick a 16 X disc in which is sony and
    it burns no problem but when i go to play in a dvd player it reads disc error every time i have made so many coasters doing this and its frustrating any solutions i have even tried burning with nero and clicking the enable to burn with nero to do it manually it doesnt work help please

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

What's the brand name, model#,and current firmware version of that dvd-rw drive?

Use nero infotool to find that info.

What format are those 16x sony?

Insert some of those socalled coasters into the dvd-rw drive that burned them. Try to see if they'll play on your pc.It should play it and the quality should look close to the original.Test them out in other stand alone players as well:Friends,family,etc-the more,the better.

Some stand alone players have issues with backup dvds. Usually a format issue. Try the opposite format.Best bet is booktyping the plus format to dvd-rom. This increases stand alone player compatability. Not all drives have this ability,and only the plus format can be booktyped.

Post back the answers to my questions.

3. Izod

Izod Member

i just figured it out i just reflashed my burner thank you any way

4. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

saugmon
    Something users of standalone units should be aware
    These units do a quick erase and many times do not properly erase a RW disk
    I use Verbatim +RW disks and every so often one is not recognized or reported to be an invalid disk etc.
    I do a full erase on these disks using Nero 6 but do not let Nero format the disk. To do so, the standalone will report them as invalid disks
    The disk should than be Erased in the standalone, which will also format them to the units specs.
    The disk is now OK.

PS
    A number of the +RW disks have been used well over a hundred times
    both in the standaloneunits and PC with no problems