1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have a few questions about swap magic fliptop

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bombvelle, Apr 2, 2005.

1. bombvelle

bombvelle Member

hi peeps.. i'm new here and i'm thinking of buying tha fliptop and swapmagic disk fer my pstwo and i have a few questions...

1. when u use the fliptop on pstwo, is it permanent? i can't remove the fliptop anymore?
    2. r the memory card holders taken out? cuz i hear in the big ps2 they memory card flaps are removed
    3. if i install the fliptop on my pstwo, can i still play my original store bought u.s ntsc games? am i going to have to use the magic swap way? if i can't.. that would be weak..

thanks alot :)

2. EVILZED

EVILZED Guest

hey man the flip top is fine trust me it works the flaps are still there u can stil play normal original games dont stress my cuzins got one its wiked im gettin those filptops for my slimline one

3. bombvelle

bombvelle Member

oh ok thanks alottt.. i guess i'll buy it then

4. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

When you say pstwo, you mean the slimline playstation right? The slimline playstation is already a top loader so I don't see any reason to get a flip top. I think all you need to do is use the "magic tape" trick where you tape over the sensor that tells the CPU if the top is open or not. Then you can use a swap magic disk without replacing the cover to your slimeline pstwo.

If you've got one of the old big ps2's then you need a flip top unless you want to do the slide trick.

5. EVILZED

EVILZED Guest

yea imm talking about the slimline the tape trick is fine but the flip top is reliable that website jspot tells you how you can open your ps2 without voiding you garantee so you can install it safely and your ps2 wouls be clean of all this tape buissness and itll run like it should perfectly so it wont thinkthe disk tray is always shut fliptop is good the other methods are fine aswell

6. bombvelle

bombvelle Member

well now i read through some stuff, and now i hear that slimtool is the best now.. maybe i should get a slimtool bcuz i dont really like the round fliptop and i wouldn't have to buy that...

but just some confirmation on the slimtool..this won't like harm tha laser or sumthin like i read about in some forums?

oh and do u peeps kno what the best site to buy this from? probably cheapest as a combo, or i could buy the disk and slimtool separate from different sites.. lols i always regret things i buy...

thanks a lot fer helping me out peeeepssss :)

7. Mufc_Rule

Mufc_Rule Regular member

I think you can get it seperate or as a combo from www.slimtool.co.uk

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  8. EVILZED

EVILZED Guest

ok bomvill slim tool wont damage your laser atall only modchips have chances to do that slimtool is good go google and typ in swap magic + slimtool and search for deals i tell you a shop with the latest swap magic its www.theconsoleshop.com you can get reasonable deals from here but they are the only one so far that sell 3.6

9. EVILZED

EVILZED Guest

man i cant wait for the fliptop and swap magic 3.6 to arrive